Tag Day is quickly approaching! We need every student and some of the parents to sign up for a shift to help make this a very successful fundraiser!
Tag Day is a weekend where our students stand in front of stores wearing their uniforms, playing their instruments and asking people for money. It is easy money for our program. Last year we raised $4,200.00 which is a significant portion of our budget! It is very important that each member take at least one shift. These stores have given us a wonderful chance to raise money and we need to take full advantage of this opportunity.
Tag Day is Friday, August 19th 5pm to 7pm; Saturday, August 20th 9am to 7pm; and Sunday, August 21st 10am to 5pm. Each shift is approximately 2 1/2 hours. We have four different locations: Hiller’s Markets in West Bloomfield, Commerce and Union Lake; and LaRosa Market in Keego Harbor.
Attached is the schedule for sign-up. Please email Ruth Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up.
Please keep in mind the following:
- This works best if two students actually play an instrument per shift. Please keep this in mind when you schedule your time.
- Color guard should bring their flag, but may not be able to spin. They can not toss. Due to space limitations, LaRosa is much more agreeable to allowing the girls to spin at all.
- Students who cannot play instruments will be the ones asking the people for money.
- We must have one parent/adult for each shift. You may want to bring a chair.
- Students ask for donations only as the customers are leaving the store.
- Students need to be in full uniform.
- Students should bring their instrument and music. Color guard should bring their flag.
- Students absolutely cannot block the store’s entrance.
- Students should arrive at their shift 5 minutes early.
- Be nice to the customers, no matter how rude someone is.
- Students must keep in mind that they represent WBHS and the marching band.
Thank you so much for your help to make Tag Day a success! Please contact us at the numbers provided below if you have any questions or issues.
Band Boosters at West Bloomfield, Tag Day Chairpersons:
Ruth Richards, 248-497-5800 (cell) email@example.com
Lonora Flores, 248-766-9726 (cell) lonoraSF@hotmail.com
Danielle Fantich, 248-410-6982 (cell) firstname.lastname@example.org