Hello West Bloomfield Band Families!
We are pleased to announce that Marching Band registration is open for 2017! We are very excited about this season! Students will take the field in NEW uniforms, they will go to a NEW band camp, and we even have a NEW summer schedule! We hope your student(s) will join this rewarding program!
Marching Band: Registration is open to all students currently in grades 7-11 residing in the West Bloomfield School District who have experience on wind or percussion instruments. It is highly recommended that students be concurrently enrolled in band class, but this requirement can be waived at the director’s discretion. District students who attend International Academy, Oakland Early College or any private or non-profit school without a marching band are welcome to join!
Color Guard: Students who are not in band class and/or who do not play an instrument may join the Color Guard, a visual ensemble that is an essential part of the Marching Band. Some experience in dance is helpful but not required. The dance elements and equipment skills can be taught to interested students.
Online Registration: This year we are piloting online registration. Starting on March 15, you may link to the registration form through the West Bloomfield Bands website: http://wbbands.info/home/join-us/. The online form is designed to cut down on the amount of paperwork; however, there are still forms that will need to be filled out and returned, including:
- Ford Field Waiver (separate forms for students and parents, if the parents are expected to be on the field as pit crew volunteers)
- A General Liability Release for Band Camp
- Physical Form
- Medication Form
Once you register online, you will receive a welcome e-mail with links to the additional forms listed above, payment schedule, and more.
Paper Registration Packets will be available in all band classes at Abbott Middle School, Orchard Lake Middle School and at WBHS by the end of the week.
Fee: The undiscounted fee for the 2017 Marching Band Season is $995.00. See below for information on discounts!
What’s included in the fee:
- Band Camp, including room/board, travel and entertainment
- “Pride” Marching Band shirt – for members only!
- Invitational entry fees (MCBA and BOA)
- In-state competitions, including travel (4, including State Finals at Ford Field)
- Out-of-state competition, including travel (1 – BOA Toledo)
- Show composition – music and drill customized for each student
- Music royalties and usage fees
- Instructor salaries for 6 months
Marching Shoes (a/k/a “Dinkles”): $40 per pair. New members must purchase new Dinkles; returning members have the option to purchase replacements. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Color Guard Shoes: $40 per pair. All Color Guard members must purchase new shoes. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Band Banquet: $25 per person. This year we are offering families the option to pre-pay for the Marching Band Banquet, which takes place at the conclusion of the season.
As we did with the 2016 season, in 2017 we are offering discounts for early registration, as indicated below. The discounts are applied to the non-refundable registration fee.
- $50 per student for families who register between March 15 and April 15
- $25 per student for families who register between April 16 and May 15
Visit http://wbbands.info/home/join-us/ to register today!
Questions? Contact Director of Bands Chad Mielens at email@example.com.