From the Director’s Newsletter:
After the Performance this coming Saturday October 29 at Lakeland:
- After the show on Saturday students will remain in uniform. Have your students bring a coat or other warm clothes to wear up top, as it could get cold and we want our students to stay warm.
- Fruit Sale: The fruit sale is on! If your student is involved in the concert program please keep them ordering… Remember, 50% of their sales goes into their student accounts. Orders are due November 4th.
- Raffle: We have just begun distributing raffle tickets, and are thrilled by the amount of participation thus far. If we sell more than 400 tickets for this raffle, then the drawing is for a $1,000 prize! This is a strong fundraising opportunity for us, so support the band by selling your tickets!
Marching Band Banquet:
- Please don’t forget to turn in money for the Marching Band Banquet! Money needs to be in an envelope with the following information: student name and “Marching Band Banquet Money” written on the envelope. Also, please respond to your RSVP! See the previous banquet email for further information.
BOA Nationals Trip Money
- All parents that are planning to ride the bus to BOA (chaperones or guests) need to turn in $225 to the booster mailbox in the band room. This will reserve your spot on the trip. Thank you!
December Concert (High School Bands):
- December 6th: Rehearsal (all concert bands), 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Student call time 6:30 p.m. in the band room.
- December 7th: Concert (all concert bands), 7:00 p.m. in the WBHS Auditorium. Student call time 6:15 p.m.; the middle school bands will be here as well for this concert.
Once again, thank you to all of our hard-working students and parents.
Yours In Music, Mr. Fig and Mr. Mielens