Hello Band Families!
Just a few quick notes before we all turn our thoughts to Thanksgiving break.
At the recent auditions for the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association (MSBOA) All-State Band, these West Bloomfield band members excelled:
- Meghan Lederman-High School All State Band
- Clark Floer-Middle School All State Band
- Joseph Thomas-Middle School All State Band Honorable Mention
We are so proud of you!
BAND BOOSTERS PARENT MEETING DEC 2 at ABBOTT MIDDLE SCHOOL MEDIA CENTER
So, what do the Band Boosters do after Marching Band Season is over? Come out Tuesday night and find out! Middle School band parents are particularly invited to attend this meeting to hear about how ALL band parents are Band Boosters, and how you as a Booster can positively impact your child’s band experience. Boosters coordinate the Middle School bands trip to Cedar Point in the spring, arrange to have sectional teachers work with your kids before Festival, and work actively with the directors to provide Smart Music and other classroom enhancements not covered by the school district’s budget. How does it happen? Sometimes through participation fees, sometimes through fundraising. It is a fact: the more active the Booster organization, the more benefit received by the band students.
A future parent meeting in 2015 will be held at OLMS. Minutes from the November 5 parent meeting are attached to this email.
- Approval of Minutes from Parent Meeting November 5 , 2014
- President’s Report – Mary Ingweiller
- Vice President Report – Christine Long, Sarah Boyle (email@example.com)
- Treasurer’s Report – Steve & Claudia Bologna (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Accounts Report – Christina Nicolaides (email@example.com)
- Secretary’s Report – Natalie Walls (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Band Directors Report – Chad Mielens/Karl Stein (email@example.com )
- Fund Raising
- Email Newsletter
- Jazz Coffee House/Silent Auction
- Bottle/Can Drive
- Bake Sale
- Old Business Winter Invitationals
- New Business
- Other/New Business
Important Dates: please visit www.wbbands.info for complete listing
- December 11, 2014 Winter Concert
- December 16, 2014 BOD meeting
- December 22-January 2 Winter Break
WINTER FESTIVAL OF BANDS
Mark your calendars! The annual Winter Festival of Bands will be held on Thursday, December 11 in the WBHS Auditorium. This performance features the 7th and 8th grade bands from OLMS and Abbott, as well as the Concert Bands at WBHS. Another tradition enjoyed that evening is the Band Boosters Bake Sale. Donations – and Buyers – will be most appreciated. More info to come. MOST EXCITING OF ALL, the Raffle Drawing will be that night at the concert! Band members, get those tickets sold and the stubs returned to the Band Boosters. Hey! Are you gong to see a lot of family= members over the Thanksgiving holiday? GET SOME MORE TICKETS. Give family and friends the opportunity to win the $1000 prize!
Winter Drumline JACKETS
Drumline members, contact Cathy Gimby if you are interested in ordering a jacket, she is checking into discounts for a group order. The jackets would be the same style as ordered previously – black zip-up with gray lining. The price for the jackets is $123.00. This includes the embroidered logo on the back, as well as the name on the front. Call Cathy Gimby at (248) 420-8238
Enjoy your break, and we’ll see you Tuesday at Abbott!
Natalie Walls, Secretary
Band Boosters Association of West Bloomfield