Our Fall Tag Day fundraiser is Friday, October 14th, Saturday, October 15th and Sunday, October 16th. Tag Day is when groups of 3 students play their instruments and solicit donations at local grocery stores. It is an important fundraiser for us. It also helps connect us to our community by sharing our music with the public and raising awareness of our wonderful band program.
NEW THIS YEAR: Please wear your marching band uniform. The store has requested it.
- Each shift is approximately 2 1/2 hours. We have two locations: Plum Market on Orchard Lake Road at Maple; and Busch Market on Fourteen Mile Road at Farmington Road in West Bloomfield.
- This works best if two students actually play an instrument per shift. Please keep this in mind when you schedule your time.
- Color guard can bring their flag, but can not spin due to space limitations.
- Students who do not play instruments will be the ones asking the people for donations.
- We must have one parent/adult for each shift. The adult may want to bring a chair.
- Please play music. Any music. Otherwise WBHS band looks bad.
- Bring your instrument and music. Bring a music stand if you need one, with clips to hold your music on.
- Ask for donations only as the customers are leaving the store.
- DO NOT block the store’s entrance.
- Arrive 5 minutes early.
- Be nice to the customers, no matter what the customer says to you. Keep in mind that you represent West Bloomfield.
- Clean up your trash before you leave. We want to be allowed back next year.
- If there is any trouble, call the phone numbers written on the buckets.
If you have any questions, contact Ruth Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org