Welcome to the WBHS Marching Band!
We are pleased to announce that Marching Band registration is open for 2019! We are very excited about this season! We hope your student(s) will join this rewarding program!
Marching Band: Registration is open to all students currently in grades 7-11 residing in the West Bloomfield School District who have experience on wind or percussion instruments. It is highly recommended that students be concurrently enrolled in band class, but this requirement can be waived at the director’s discretion. District students who attend International Academy, Oakland Early College or any private or non-profit school without a marching band are welcome to join!
Color Guard: Students who are not in band class and/or who do not play an instrument may join the Color Guard, a visual ensemble that is an essential part of the Marching Band. Some experience in dance is helpful but not required. The dance elements and equipment skills can be taught to interested students.
Online Registration: Click HERE to register online. The online form is designed to cut down on the amount of paperwork; however, there are still forms that will need to be filled out and returned, including:
- Ford Field Waiver (separate forms for students and parents, if the parents are expected to be on the field as pit crew volunteers)
- A General Liability Release for Band Camp
- Physical Form
- Medication Form
Once you register online, you will receive a welcome e-mail with links to the additional forms listed above, payment schedule, and more.
Paper Registration Packets are available in all band classes at Abbott Middle School, Orchard Lake Middle School and at WBHS.
Marching Band Policies
Registration is OPEN
for all instruments and color guard!
The fee for the 2019 Marching Band Season is $925.00, plus $150 fundraising
What’s included in the fee:
- Band Camp, including room/board, travel and entertainment
- “Pride” Marching Band shirt – for members only!
- Invitational entry fees
- In-state competitions, including travel (at least 5 performance opportunities)
- Show composition – music and drill customized for each student
- Music royalties and usage fees
- Instructor salaries for 6 months
Marching Shoes (a/k/a “Dinkles”): $40 per pair. New members must purchase new Dinkles; returning members have the option to purchase replacements. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Color Guard Shoes: $40 per pair. All Color Guard members must purchase new shoes. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Show Shirts: Prices vary. Each season families have the opportunity to purchase show-themed t-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies.
Why Join Marching Band?
Participation in marching band demonstrates commitment to an activity and to your school . . . a quality regarded very highly by many colleges.Adults (teachers, parents, etc.) give students many reasons why they should make music a part of their school careers. Studies have shown the value of participation in music to student development and achievement in the classroom. Colleges will look for commitment over your high school years and band is a great activity to have on your resume. It is hard work and a commitment, but there is so much more. Every year we find most graduating band members say that they cannot imagine high school without Marching Band – best teacher, best class, most fulfilling, and the source of many, many friendships.
- Freshman walk through the door the first day of school already knowing 100 upperclassmen who can help them navigate through a new and big school and answer their questions.
- You are joining, arguably, the most successful team in the school. We train and practice as long and as hard as any of the other teams and our success is measured by a long and distinguished history of top honors and awards in all our competitions.
- There is such a sense of fulfillment – it is amazing to see and be part of the transformation that takes place between the first day of rehearsal and the polish and precision of the show performed by the end of the season.
- Earn your varsity letter your freshman year!
Flyers & Posters
Questions? email email@example.com