IMPORTANT MARCHING BAND UNIFORM INFORMATION: We will NOT be collecting uniforms on Monday, November 12. They are needed for the OLMS Recruiting Assembly happening the week of November 19th. (more details to follow). Uniforms will now be collected at our December Parent Meeting on Monday, December 3 from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Unpin/unsnap all Bibs( pants) legs before washing
2. Turn Jackets inside out for washing.
Wash the uniform separate from other laundry. It pills easily.
• Use COLD water on gentle cycle with a mild detergent.
• NO BLEACH or BLEACH ALTERNATIVE or LIQUID FABRIC SOFTENER
• Tumble dry on LOW heat till damp and hang to finish drying. (If it is left in the dryer after tumbler has stopped, it becomes VERY wrinkled and it is difficult to get wrinkles out without re-washing.)
3. The Dinkles (shoes) are yours to keep, you paid for them. Some students may reuse their Dinkles for next year or for Winter Drumline.
4. Make sure all personal items are removed from garment bag.
BANQUET DVDs: The slideshows from the Band Banquet are available for a $10 donation to the Band Boosters. If you are interested in purchasing a DVD (containing both slideshows), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VARSITY JACKETS: Embroid Me (12 Mile and Orchard Lake) will be in the high school band room on Thursday, November 15 from 2:30pm – 3:30pm to provide jacket fittings and discuss the wide variety of options available when ordering a jacket.
PARENT MEETING: Monday, November 12 at 7pm in the Band Room.
CHARITY POKER: We are looking for volunteers to work the November Charity Poker event at The Heidelberg Poker Room in Ann Arbor from Sunday, November 18 through Wednesday, November 21. This is a great fundraiser for our band and you can earn money for your student’s account! Click HERE to sign up.
WINTER DRUMLINE AUDITIONS: Wednesday, November 14 and Thursday, November 15 from 3:30pm – 6:30pm at the high school. For more information, go to http://wbbands.info/winter-drumline/