The John Boruta Alumni Scholarship
The John Boruta Alumni Scholarship was created to provide a worthy student a positively life-changing experience through participation in the Marching Band program. John Boruta is a tireless supporter of the band program through his generosity and dedication to the students, the directors and the entire West Bloomfield Performing Arts Department. On his behalf, we are pleased to invite you to apply for this scholarship (worth up to $895).
2018 Marching Band Scholarship Applications are due Monday, April 16, 2018.
Nominees must be current or incoming High School student who:
– Demonstrate outstanding musicianship, leadership skills and work ethic
– Will perform with the Marching Band during the 2018 season
– Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 or an academic waiver from your counselor.
Each STUDENT must submit the following:
- A resume of musical and leadership achievement. This resume should focus on all aspects of the student’s academic, musical, extracurricular and community service accomplishments.
- An essay of at least 350 words that describes the student’s passion for music and why they feel they should be awarded this scholarship.
- Completed recommendation form from your Music Director.
2018: Natalia Luna
2017: Lauren Strager
2016: Colin Bare
2015: Noelle Sellars
2014: Marissa Hansen & Lilly Richards
2013: Kiersten Wilde
Application can be delivered to the Band Director’s office or the BBAWB mail box in the band room.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org