Tomorrow is our first football game of the season! Parents will be tailgating outside of the band room, so bring your own food (and a dish to pass if you like), drinks and chairs and join us before the game.
Thursday 9/1/11 Schedule:
- 3:00 Practice at WBHS
- 5:00 Dinner on your own. Please make sure your child has his own dinner as we will not be providing a meal.
- 6:00 Dress and show prep
A couple of reminders:
- Please make sure that your student brings their COMPLETE UNIFORM to practice in their garment bag and hangs it in the band room when they arrive. Uniform includes bibs, jackets, dinkels (shoes), gauntlets, gloves and BLACK SOCKS. Socks must not be ankle or “no show”. Parents, please inspect the uniforms tonight and make any adjustments to hems and sleeves that may be necessary. Also, please discourage your child from wearing pants under their bibs that may be visible or peek out of the bottom. Shorts or tights are better. Shakos and any new shoes that were ordered will be distributed tomorrow.
- Parent volunteers are appreciated to help the kids dress and handle any last minute clothing emergencies.
- Band members will not be excused at half time. We will be staying for the entire game in support of our football team.
- Band parents typically sit together in the bleachers next to the band (if seated, to the right) and usually wear the current show shirt or some other marching band apparel. Loud cheering for our band is always encouraged!