Dear WB Band Parents,
I realized today that we have not emailed you about our Memorial Day
Parade on Monday. With Chad and I splitting up things between us
sometimes communication can get blurred, and I am very sorry about
this lack of communication!
Please see below for all of the information that you need for our
Who should attend: All new and previous marching band members, or any student
considering joining marching band. All are welcome! Additionally, we
are still looking to fill spots in each section in the marching band,
particularly in flutes, clarinets and saxophones!
• 8:30 a.m. Meet at Abbott Middle School, look for Mr. Fig and Mr. Mielens
• 8:30-10:00 a.m. Pre-parade warmup and rehearsal
• 10:00 a.m. Parade begins (start at Abbott, end at Keego Harbor City
Hall, 2025 Beechmont, Keego Harbor MI 48320)
• 11:30 a.m. Ceremony begins (we will be playing the Star Spangled Banner)
• 11:45 a.m. Marching Band performance finished, parents may take
students home from here.
• ~12:30 p.m. Ceremony ends, load busses to take students back to Abbott
School busses will provide transport from the ceremony back to Abbott
What to wear:
• Athletic shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, or Converse. These can cause
injury while marching)
• Jean shorts, capris, or pants. PLEASE wear shorts if you can, the
weather is going to be hot!
• A plain red, white, or blue tee shirt.
We will have food and water set up at the end of the parade for the students, the table will be located on the north side of city hall close to the pond.
Water helpers: with the anticipated weather, I would love any parent
help to keep our students hydrated during the parade. I will provide
some water bottles, but would appreciate any parent volunteers that
could help me give water to the kids during the parade.
If there is any other information that you need, please email me at
the booster email address for this weekend (email@example.com) and
either myself or a booster parent will reply. Thank you!