Following a list of reminders for tomorrow. We apologize for the list being so long, but these are all important reminders to help make everyone’s day go smoother and enjoyable:
1. STUDENTS: Wear your green PRIDE shirt under your uniform. After our performance and truck loading, we will return to the stadium to watch the rest of the Flight I band performances. The band will sit together as a group (probably in the sections of seats somewhere above the tunnel) Students will be allowed to walk around and buy food. If you want to buy concession food, you will take your uniform jacket off to keep it clean.
2. STUDENTS: If you would like to buy food from the concessions, bring money.
3. Do not bring any valuables! Leave them at home. You cannot leave any valuables on the buses.
4. Please read the new Ford Field bag policy HERE. Purses can only be a small clutch, NO camera bags are allowed, NO diaper bags are allowed. NO backpacks are allowed. If you want to bring in a bag, it must be no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″ and must be clear. Check out the policy today to make sure you are prepared!
5. PARENTS: try to sit together near the 50 yard line and CHEER LOUDLY!
6. PARENTS: don’t forget to wear a FIREBIRD show shirt, or any other West Bloomfield apparel.
7. Tickets at Ford Field are CASH ONLY: $16 adults/$12 students seniors/under 5 is FREE. Parking is also CASH ONLY: $6+ (depending on where you park).
8. FEED THE BAND: the band will be eating lunch at 11:30am. Kirstin will be serving a sandwich bar and has asked that each student bring in $5. Please bring your money in as soon as possible. Put it in an envelope and mark “FEED THE BAND” with your student’s name on the outside…and place it in the BBAWB mailbox on the band room.
9. DINKLES: Many thanks to the Walls Family for cleaning 38 pairs of band shoes (DINKLES) on Thursday! If your shoes did not get cleaned, bring them to Mrs. Walls RIGHT AFTER the morning rehearsal and they will get cleaned while you have lunch. Extra parents are needed to help label the shoes. Please come to the band room at 11am to help out. Thank you!
10. ETIQUETTE: Please review the Contest Spectator Etiquette webpage before heading down to Ford Field. Following these simple rules allows everyone to enjoy the shows.
11. ROAD CLOSURES:
12. OLMS RECRUITING SHOW: All OLMS and ABBOTT students need to take their uniform home after State Finals tomorrow. Our OLMS Recruiting show is at 7:50am on Monday morning. All Abbott students will need to be driven to OLMS by their parents and report directly to the band room. All high school students will be taken to/from OLMS by bus. Mrs. Walls will drive the Abbott students to AMS after the performance is over.
Here is the schedule for Saturday:
GO LAKERS! See you all tomorrow!