Saturday’s Show location: 8415 N Canton Center Rd, Canton, MI 48187
REMEMBER YOUR UNIFORM. All of it. Including black socks!! Clean ones, rather than the smelly ones at the bottom of the garment bag.
Here is the schedule for the Plymouth Canton Invitational:
8:30-Color Guard reports for rehearsal
10:00-Rehearsal on the football field in Shakos and Dinkles. Be there in plenty of time to get all equipment and props to the field. Practice begins at 10 sharp.
12:00-Parent volunteers help set up for lunch
1:30-Parent volunteers deliver ready-to-serve foods to WBHS cafeteria
2:00-Load truck/Serve Lunch/Change into uniforms
3:30-Band and Pit Crew Depart from WBHS. Parent volunteers cleanup lunchroom.
~4:00-Check in/unload truck/use bathrooms/visual warm up
6:15-Perform “Rise and Fall”
6:30-Load truck and watch other bands
8:45-Depart for WBHS
9:15 Arrive at WBHS and dismiss
- Parents, please make sure to put your name is on any crock pots/platters/serving tools you want returned.
- We have a very small number of discount tickets available for admission at the Plymouth Canton show. Admission at the gate is 8.00, we will be selling them for 6.00 (please bring exact change or check to BBAWB) See Mary Ingweiller at WBHS on Saturday between 10am – 3:30pm.
Helpful hints from veteran parents:
- The kids eat lunch at 2pm, there is no organized meal planned later in the day. Parents may wish to send a bag dinner or money for concessions. Bag dinner can be left on bus during performance.
- Buses DO NOT LOCK! Do not bring valuables or leave cash on the bus. The band is not responsible for valuables/cash.
- The bands (and many dedicated parents!) stay in the stands from the time the truck is loaded until the awards are announced. It will be really cold in stands in evening. Parents may want to send jackets, hats and gloves. They can be retrieved from the bus after performance.
- Hand warmers like hunters use are popular. 🙂 Get a bunch for the next few weeks!
Prism concert next week:
- Kids who are only in Marching Band (and not in any high school band, orchestra or choir) do not need to attend the Prism rehearsal on Monday Oct 13th.