Great news! We were given authorization to hold Tag Day August 15 and 16 at two Kroger locations. Kroger has not been allowing Tag Day for several years, but gave us a huge break since we lost the opportunity to use our old partner, Hiller’s.
Tag Day is Saturday, August 15th from 9am to 5pm; and Sunday, August 16th from 9am to 5pm. We have two different locations: Kroger (Maple/Orchard Lk), and Kroger (Commerce Rd/Union Lake Rd). Since the Union Lake store has two entrances, we will need three students and one adult at each of the two entrances.
Any problems accessing this link, please REPLY to this message with your requested time slot.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Tag Day is when groups of 3 students play their instruments and solicit donations at local grocery stores. It is an important fundraiser for us. Parents who were at this week’s meetings understand how important fundraising is this year. It also helps connect us to our community by sharing our music with the public and raising awareness of our wonderful band program.
- Color guard can bring their flags, but cannot spin due to space limitations.
- Students who cannot play instruments will be the ones asking the people for donations.
- We must have one parent/adult for each shift. The adult may want to bring a chair.
- Please play music. Any music. Otherwise WBHS band looks bad. Bring your music from band class last year, or sheet music of popular tunes, which are always crowd favorites.
- Bring your instrument and music. Bring a music stand if you need one, and clips to hold music in place if it is windy.
- Ask for donations only as the customers are leaving the store.
- DO NOT block the store’s entrance.
- If you have one, please wear your Laker Pride band camp t-shirt. If you don’t have one, wear any WB t-shirt or dark green shirt.
- Arrive 5 minutes early.
- Be nice to the customers, no matter what the customer says to you. Keep in mind that you represent West Bloomfield.
- Clean up your trash before you leave. We want to be allowed back next year.
- If there is any trouble, call the phone numbers written on the buckets.
Thank you for making our summer Tag Day fundraiser a success! If you have any questions, contact Ruth Richards at email@example.com