Dear Band Family,
Congratulations West Bloomfield Marching Band on a 2nd place finished with 85.975 score points and caption award for best music performance! For the first time since 2011, WBHS received the caption for overall Best Musical Performance. Thank you for Staffs, Pit Crew, Camera/Video Crew, Meal Coordinator, Chaperones, Program Coordinator and all kinds of Volunteers. We couldn’t have done it without you all.
We have the big returnable containers placed around the school; So you can start bringing your returnable to band or drop it off in this containers any time. 100% benefit goes to the band. Thank you!
Sep/Oct Special: Dutch mill bulbs fundraising
We are asking you to help the Band Boosters Association of West Bloomfield as we raise money for new concert band uniforms at the middle schools and WBHS! Our existing uniforms were purchased years ago, and, while they remain mostly in good repair, they are showing signs of age. New uniforms will improve and enhance our students’ overall band experience. I’m hoping you can help!
To help us achieve our goal, we are working with Dutch Mill Bulbs. The BBAWB will earn 50% profit on every sale. We are asking each student in our curricular and extracurricular band programs to sell 10 items from the attached catalog, which will result in approximately $40 per student in profit to the BBAWB. With 300+ students in the Band programs in West Bloomfield, this sale could potentially raise over $12,000!
There are two ways to purchase bulbs:
1) Order from the attached catalog. Please fill in the information as completely as possible. You can pay with cash, or by check (make checks payable to BBAWB).
2) Order online through our secure website! The link is below. If you are typing the link into your computer, please enter all of the below information in the URL field (starting with http://).
Ordering online is easy! Make your selections, provide billing and shipping information, and choose a secure method of payment (credit card or PayPal). A shipping fee of $6.00 will be applied to orders 24 packages or less, free shipping on orders 25 packages or more. Items you select will be sent directly to the shipping address you provide. Items will be shipped Ground and will arrive within 1-2 weeks.
The paper catalog sale runs from September 26 through October 14! The website will remain open for online ordering through December 1st.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com .
New Design/Marching Jacket T-Shirts Order:
Here is a link to the order form for the Marching Jacket T-shirts that were worn by the middle schoolers in the Homecoming Parade.
These make great gifts for WBHS Marching Band alumni!
Thank you for supporting West Bloomfield Bands! ”
Ford Field Waiver Form:
Click HERE to print a Ford Field Waiver form for the students. This is a form that has to be turned in to Ford Field for the November competition. If you could please print and sign this form and return it to me by 10/10, I would appreciate it. I need every student to have a form completed.
If you are an adult that will be helping with the pit crew, please contact me so I can send you the form you have to sign.
Any questions, please contact here. Anne Marie Collier-Miller
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (next 2 weeks)
Monday, October 10 – 3:30pm – Marching Band Rehearsal
Tuesday, October 11- 3:30pm – Marching Band Rehearsal
Wednesday, October 12 – No School -No Practice
Thursday, October 13 – 3:30pm – Marching Band Rehearsal
Friday, October 14 – No Practice – Tag Day (Look for Signups)
Saturday, October15 – No Practice – Tag Day (Look for Signups)
Sunday, October16 – No Practice – Tag Day (Look for Signups)
Monday, October 17 – 3:30pm – Prism Dress Rehearsal
Tuesday, October 18 – 3:30pm – Marching Band Rehearsal
Wednesday, October 19 – 3:00pm – Marching Band Rehearsal
7:00pm – Prism Concert
Thursday, October 20 -3:30pm – Marching Band Rehearsal
4:00pm – Crispelli’s Fundraiser (Please come and support us!)
7:00pm – Abbott 7th & 8th Grade Concert
Friday, October 21 -5:30pm – Football Game (vs. Farmington High School)
Saturday, October 22 – Marching Band MCBA – Clarkston
Ford Field Form due 10/10/2016
Paper form for Dutch mill bulbs fundraising due 10/14/2016
Next Board Meeting 10/25/2016
Next Parent Meeting 11/1/2016
Fall Tag Day Fundraiser:
Our Fall Tag Day fundraiser is Friday, October 14th, Saturday, October 15th and Sunday, October 16th. Tag Day is when groups of 3 students play their instruments and solicit donations at local grocery stores. It is an important fundraiser for us. It also helps connect us to our community by sharing our music with the public and raising awareness of our wonderful band program.
NEW THIS YEAR: Please wear your marching band uniform. The store has requested it.
- Each shift is approximately 2 1/2 hours. We have two locations: Plum Market on Orchard Lake Road at Maple; and Busch Market on Fourteen Mile Road at Farmington Road in West Bloomfield.
- This works best if two students actually play an instrument per shift. Please keep this in mind when you schedule your time.
- Color guard can bring their flag, but can not spin due to space limitations.
- Students who do not play instruments will be the ones asking the people for donations.
- We must have one parent/adult for each shift. The adult may want to bring a chair.
- Please play music. Any music. Otherwise WBHS band looks bad.
- Bring your instrument and music. Bring a music stand if you need one, with clips to hold your music on.
- Ask for donations only as the customers are leaving the store.
- DO NOT block the store’s entrance.
- Arrive 5 minutes early.
- Be nice to the customers, no matter what the customer says to you. Keep in mind that you represent West Bloomfield.
- Clean up your trash before you leave. We want to be allowed back next year.
- If there is any trouble, call the phone numbers written on the buckets.
Sign up for a shift:
If you have any questions, contact Ruth Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every purchase brings a rebate, and 60% goes to the student’s points account, while 40% goes toward instruments, sectional instruction, music program scholarships, equipment purchase, and other initiatives supported by the Band Boosters. Go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program/ and order SCRIP (gift cards). The rewards for every purchase add up! And the more people who participate, the faster the rewards grow. Questions about how it works? Please contact Marci Grossman. Of course, if you don’t want to buy scrip, you can always just make a donation to the band. The benefits of being a 501(c)3: A donation is tax deductible.
Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register. Every time you shop, go to smile.amazon.com