Hello, West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE:
* Winter Percussion Schedule Reminder
* Mandatory January Parent Meeting
* Winter Program Payment
* Marching Band USB Drives
* Winter Invitationals
* Sponsorship Program & Ad Sales
* Save the Date!
* This Week’s Schedule
WINTER PERCUSSION SCHEDULE UPDATE
The following Wednesdays will be scheduled as full ensemble rehearsals instead of lessons. Please plan accordingly. Thank you!
Wed Jan 2nd 5-8:30 PM – THIS WEEK!
Wed Feb 13th 5-8:30 PM
Wed Feb 20th 5-8:30 PM
MANDATORY JANUARY PARENT MEETING
Our January BBAWB Parent Meeting will be a mandatory parent meeting for families of Marching Band, Winter Guard and Winter Percussion students (all payment-based band programs). This meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 8th at 7pm in the HS I-Center. We ask that at least one adult from each family be present. The focus of the meeting will be the current financial status of the program.
WINTER PROGRAM PAYMENT
Due on 1/15/19
Winter Percussion & Winter Guard – Please mail your payment or place it in the black box in the HS band room. Students with outstanding fees that have not yet made a financial plan with our treasurer may not attend rehearsals until a plan or payment have been made.
For your convenience, we have added Venmo as a payment method for various band related charges including registration fees, monthly fees, donations, and feed the band contributions. For the parents interested in using this payment method, our Venmo ID is Treasurer-Bbawb. If you have any difficulties locating this ID please e-mail: email@example.com.
Please note: this new payment method is in addition to the existing options: Cash, Checks, Credit Card (Processing Fee Applies), Electronic checks and transfers from individual bank accounts and Paypal (Processing Fee Applies).
If mailing payment, mail to:
Raluca Dusa – Treasurer 5383 Coomer Rd. West Bloomfield, MI 48324
MARCHING BAND USB DRIVES
All marching band families can pick up their Technologic Takeover USB drives at the January 8th parent meeting. This drive contains the slideshow and video from the 2018 banquet. If you have any questions, please contact Renee Floer at firstname.lastname@example.org
West Bloomfield will be hosting TWO Invitationals this winter season! Please mark these dates on your calendars now. These are very large events and many volunteers are a must. Thank you in advance!
- MCGC WBHS Invitational: Guard Only, Saturday, Feb 16th, 2019
- MCGC WBHS Invitational: Guard Only, Sunday, Mar 17th, 2019
SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM & AD SALES
Keep selling those T-shirt/program ads for the Winter Season!
There are seven levels of participation ranging from $50-$2,500+ — Piano, Crescendo, Mezzo-piano, Mezzo-forte, Forte, Fortissimo and Fortississimo — with different incentives.
Incentives for the student remain the same — a 50-50 split between the student and band — except for the $2,000-$2,500+ levels. Any sponsorship package sold at the $2,000-and-above level will be capped at $750 for the student with the remainder going into the general band fundraising coffer. For individuals wanting to place ads in our programs only, please refer to last year’s donation amounts.
The Corporate/Community Sponsorship form can be printed from http://wbbands.info/
SAVE THE DATE!
- OLMS Winter Band Concert – Tuesday, January 15th, 7pm at OLMS
- Abbott Winter Band Concert – Wednesday, January 16th, 7pm at Abbott
- MSBOA High School Solo & Ensemble – January 18th & 19th
- Jazz Band at United We Walk, Sunday, January 20th, 2019, 2:30pm at WBHS
- Saturday, February 2: Novi High School (MCGC) (Percussion & Guard)
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, Feb 5th at 7pm in the HS I-Center
- Saturday, February 9: Percussion at Troy Regional (WGI), Troy Athens High School
- MCGC WBHS Invitational: Guard Only, Saturday, Feb 16th, 2019
- Saturday, February 23rd Guard at MCGC Stoney Creek
- Saturday, March 2: Percussion at Milford High School (MCGC)
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, March 5th at 7pm in the HS I-Center
- Saturday, March 9th Varsity Guard at WGI Regional, Grand Blanc High School
- Sunday, March 17: West Bloomfield MCGC Invitational (Guard)
- March 22 – 24th Varsity Guard at WGI Mid-East Power Regional, Cincinnati, OH
- March23 & 24: Percussion at WGI Mid-East Power Regional, Highland Heights, KY
- Saturday, March 23rd JV Guard at MCGC 2019 JV Guard State Championships, Reeths-Puffer High School
- Thursday, March TBD: Friends and Family Show, Abbott Middle School, 7:45pm (Guard & Percussion)
- Saturday, March 30th Varsity Guard at MCGC 2019 Varsity Guard State Championships, Saginaw Valley State University
- Sunday, March 31: Percussion at State Championships (MCGC), Saginaw Valley State University
- Tuesday, April 2 – Saturday, April 6th Varsity Guard at WGI World Championships, Dayton, OH
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, April 9th at 7pm in the HS I-Center
- April 13th – Spring West Bloomfield Hazardous Waste Day (Tag Day Event)
- April 13th – Middle School Solo & Ensemble at Oakview Middle School
- April 11-14: Percussion at World Championships (WGI), University of Dayton, OH
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, May 7th at 7pm in the HS I-Center
- West Bloomfield High School Spring Concert, Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 7:00pm WBHS Auditorium
- Abbott Spring Concert – Tue, May 28, 2019, 7:00pm – 8:30pm at Abbott
- OLMS Spring Band Concert -Wed, May 29, 2019, 7pm – 8pm at OLMS
- October 5th – Fall West Bloomfield Hazardous Waste Day (Tag Day Event)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (12/31-1/6)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
Wednesday, Jan 2nd:
* Jazz Band Rehearsal 2:30-4pm in the HS band room
* JV Guard Rehearsal 4-7pm in the HS cafeteria
* Winter Percussion 5-8:30pm at Abbott MS (FULL ENSEMBLE)
* Varsity Guard Rehearsal 6:00-9pm at Roosevelt
Thursday, Jan 3rd:
* BBAWB Board Meeting 7pm at the HS
* Winter Percussion Rehearsal 5-8:30pm at Abbott MS
Friday, Jan 4th:
* Have a great day!
Saturday, Jan 5th:
* Winter Percussion Rehearsal 9am-4pm at Abbott MS
* JV Guard Rehearsal 11am-4pm at Orchard Lake MS
* Varsity Guard Rehearsal 4pm-9pm at Abbott MS
money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information,
click here. Scrip Split: 60\\\\% to student accounts: 40\\\\% to WB Boosters. To
sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website. Band Merchandise:
Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A
portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands. Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY
FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to
get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive
prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you!