West Bloomfield Bands E-Newsletter for the week of May 1, 2017
Good morning West Bloomfield Band Families! Today’s newsletter will cover just a few topics.
- Today is the Bond Election! Remember to vote! The polls will remain open until 8:00 p.m. tonight. The bond, if approved, will benefit all students in the West Bloomfield School District from preschool through 12th grade, and will also directly benefit our Band program while also reducing the property tax rate by ½ mill! Please visit the Bond Information page on the West Bloomfield School District website if you need more information.
- Spring Swing on Friday May 5! Spring Swing is a fundraiser for our Band programs featuring the WBHS Jazz Band and other student soloists and ensembles! We need as many families and friends as possible to attend to support these talented musicians! Let’s pack the house! The event is at Orchard Lake Community Church. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $20 for adults and $10 for students and seniors. Students are especially encouraged to attend! There will be a raffle (5 tickets free with admission), silent auction and appetizers. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets! We hope to see you this Friday!
- Marching Band Update… Enrollment currently stands at 66 members. We need more! It is not too late to register, and families who register will still receive a discount! From May 1 through June 16, the discounted fee is $970 ($25 off the full fee of $995). Online registration is open! Financial aid is available! Questions? Contact Director of Bands Chad Mielens at email@example.com.
- Marching Band Experience Night Tonight! Tonight is Marching Band Experience Night for New and Returning Members! This event is for any student who is interested in Marching Band and would like to see how it works. The event is meant to be fun, informal and will include veteran marchers as well as new students. Students should bring their instruments! It starts at 7:00 p.m. in the Band Room at WBHS and ends with ice cream! Marching Band Experience is FREE and there is no obligation to sign up. A flyer is attached with more information. We hope to see you there!
- BBAWB Board Openings… Please help! Just a reminder that we still have open seats on the BBAWB board. We are looking to fill the Treasurer, Student Account Treasurer and Secretary positions. Serving on the board is a great opportunity for any parent who is interested in learning more about our organization and helping to promote our mission of supporting our band programs across the district. We encourage parents who have not served on our board yet to do so! A description of the board positions can be found here.
- Middle School Cedar Point Trip… Letters to middle school band parents regarding the Music in the Parks Festival at Cedar Point on May 20 went home last week. If you have not received one, you may email Karl Stein (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a copy. The cost of the trip is $110 and includes the festival fee, Cedar Point ticket, charter bus costs, a t-shirt and tickets for chaperones. Parents may use available student account funds to pay for their students’ trip fee.