West Bloomfield Bands E-Newsletter
June 10th_ June 16th, 2019
Hello, West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE:
* NEW SCRIP Percentage
* Restaurant Fundraiser
* Car Wash Fundraiser
* 2019 Marching Band Registration – STILL OPEN
* Marching Band Disney Trip Information
* Save the Date!
* This Week’s Schedule
* Ongoing Fundraising
Congratulations to the 8th grade Symphony Band from Abbott and Orchard Lake Middle Schools! They finished in 1st place in their division and 1st place out of all Middle Schools with a Superior Rating at the Music in the Parks Festival at Cedar Point! Way to go WB!
NEW SCRIP PERCENTAGE
Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here.
The New percentage is 100% to the student!!!!!!
To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Don’t cook on the following dates! Come on out to support the band!
Buffalo Wild Wings: July 17th at 11am-July 18th at 2am
Present the flyer when ordering at each location. Flyers can be printed at
CAR WASH FUNDRAISER
Save the Date!
Car Wash Fundraiser
When: Sat, July 13, 10am – 4pm
Where: Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 4800 Orchard Lake Rd, West Bloomfield Township
- Marching band members, please sign up to volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4aabae2fa46-carwash5
2019 MARCHING BAND REGISTRATION
Registration is STILL open to all students currently in grades 7 – 11
We have openings on all instruments (winds, percussion, front ensemble) as well as color guard.
District students who attend International Academy, Oakland Early College or any private or non-profit school without a marching band are welcome to join! NEW THIS YEAR: students who participate in Marching Band will have the opportunity to take a trip to Walt Disney World during winter break in 2020!
Color Guard: Students who are not in band class and/or who do not play an instrument may join the Color Guard, a visual ensemble that is an essential part of the Marching Band. Some experience in dance is helpful but not required. The dance elements and equipment skills can be taught to interested students.
Online Registration: Click HERE to register online. The online form is designed to cut down on the amount of paperwork; however, there are still forms that will need to be filled out and returned. Once you register online, you will receive a welcome e-mail with links to the additional forms, payment schedule, and more.
The fee for the 2019 Marching Band Season is $925.00, plus $150 fundraising
What’s included in the fee:
- Band Camp, including room/board, travel and entertainment
- “Pride” Marching Band shirt – for members only!
- Invitational entry fees
- In-state competitions, including travel (at least 5 performance opportunities)
- Show composition – music and drill customized for each student
- Music royalties and usage fees
- Instructor salaries for 6 months
Marching Shoes (a/k/a “Dinkles”): $40 per pair. New members must purchase new Dinkles; returning members have the option to purchase replacements. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Color Guard Shoes: $40 per pair. All Color Guard members must purchase new shoes. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Paper Registration Packets are also available in all band classes at:
Abbott Middle School, Orchard Lake Middle School and at WBHS
MARCHING BAND DISNEY TRIP INFORMATION
Missed the Disney World Trip meeting?
Visit the marching band website at http://wbbands.info/home/join-us/ or click on the links below.
SAVE THE DATE!
- June 17-19: Marching Band Rehearsal (full ensemble): 1-8 p.m. at WBHS
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, July 2, 7pm – 8pm in the HS I-Center
- Car Wash – Saturday, July 13th
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tues, August 6, 2019, 7pm – 8pm in the HS I-Center
- Marching Band Camp – Aug 19 – 23, 2019
- October 5th – Fall West Bloomfield Hazardous Waste Day (Tag Day Event)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (6/10/19-6/16/19)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website at http://wbbands.info/calendar/. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
* NO events this week! Happy Summer, everyone! Stay connected with our online calendar. Marching Band Rehearsal starts back up on June 17th.
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here. Scrip Split: 60% to student accounts: 40% to WB Boosters. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band Merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register.