West Bloomfield Bands E-Newsletter
March 25th_March 31st, 2019
Hello, West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE:
* Friends & Family Show
* Band Information Meetings
* John Boruta Scholarship
* Save the Date!
* This Week’s Schedule
* Ongoing Fundraising
A HUGE thanks to all of the dedicated parents and staff who helped make this travel competition weekend a success! These weekends simply could not happen without you!
* Congrats to our Winter Percussion Ensemble for taking 8th place earlier today at the WGI Mid-East Power Regional Finals! They received a score of 80.275!
* So proud of our Varsity Color Guard for receiving a 76.26 in the WGI Mid-East Power Regional Prelims!
* Congrats to our JV Color Guard for receiving 6th place in Scholastic Regional A at the MCGC State Championships! They received a score of 69.745!
WAY TO GO, WB!!!!!!!! Best of luck for next weekend’s State Championships!
FRIENDS & FAMILY SHOW
Please join us for our annual Friends and Family Show this Thursday, March 28th at 7:45pm featuring our Winter Ensembles: Elementary Guard, JV and Varsity Guards and Winter Percussion!
This is a wonderful opportunity for the public to see our groups perform before they compete at State Finals on March 30 & 31st!
Donations at the door will be gratefully appreciated. There will be light concessions and Mystic Kettle Corn bags available for purchase. Admission is FREE.
BAND INFORMATION MEETINGS
These are identical meetings covering the programs offered within the West Bloomfield Bands program: Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Winter Percussion and Winter Guard.
Parents and students are encouraged to attend. There will be lots of information for parents to take home, plus our Director of Bands, Noah Dyer, will be on hand to answer any questions you might have about the band program.
Come to one of the following meetings:
* Tuesday March 26, 7pm, Abbott Middle School *
Get a sneak peak at the Winter Percussion rehearsal in the gym after the meeting! In the meantime, parents with questions or concerns are encouraged to e-mail Mr. Dyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Thursday, March 28, 7:15pm, Abbott Middle School *
Following the meeting at 7:15pm, stay for our Friends and Family Show starting at 7:45pm featuring our Elementary Guard, JV Guard, Varsity Guard and Winter Percussion ensembles. In the meantime, parents with questions or concerns are encouraged to e-mail Mr. Dyer at email@example.com.
JOHN BORUTA SCHOLARSHIP
JOHN BORUTA ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP – APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
The John Boruta Alumni Scholarship was created for West Bloomfield Marching Band members in need of financial assistance. Since 2013, John has provided more than $5300 to passionate students wanting to be member of the West Bloomfield Marching Band. The deadline to apply is Monday, April 22 and the winner will be announced at our Marching Band Reveal Night on Tuesday, May 14th.
Application information: wbbands.info/john-boruta-scholarship
SAVE THE DATE!
- Tuesday, April 2 – Saturday, April 6th Varsity Guard at WGI World Championships, Dayton, OH
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, April 9th at 7pm in the HS I-Center
- April 13th – Spring West Bloomfield Hazardous Waste Day (Tag Day Event)
- April 13th – Middle School Solo & Ensemble at Oakview Middle School
- April 11-14: Percussion at World Championships (WGI), University of Dayton, OH
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, May 7th at 7pm in the HS I-Center
- West Bloomfield High School Spring Concert, Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 7:00pm WBHS Auditorium
- Abbott Spring Concert – Tue, May 28, 2019, 7:00pm – 8:30pm at Abbott
- OLMS Spring Band Concert -Wed, May 29, 2019, 7pm – 8pm at OLMS
- October 5th – Fall West Bloomfield Hazardous Waste Day (Tag Day Event)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (3/25/19-3/31/19)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website at http://wbbands.info/calendar/. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
Monday, March 25th:
* Jazz Band Rehearsal 2:30-4pm at the HS
* Varsity Guard Rehearsal 6-9pm at Roosevelt
Tuesday, March 26th:
* Elementary Guard Rehearsal 4:30-6pm at Roosevelt
* Winter Percussion Rehearsal 5-8:30pm at Abbott
* Band Information Night 7-8pm at Abbott
Wednesday, March 27th:
* Jazz Band Rehearsal 2:30-4pm at the HS
* Winter Percussion 4:30-7:15pm at Abbott (lessons only)
* Varsity Guard Rehearsal 6:00-9pm at Roosevelt
Thursday, March 28th:
* Winter Percussion 5-8:30pm at Abbott
* Band Information Night 7:15-7:45pm at Abbott
* Friends & Family Show 7:45-8:30pm at Abbott
Friday, March 29th:
* Have a great day!
Saturday, March 30th:
* Varsity Guard MCGC State Championships
* Winter Percussion Rehearsal 9am-4pm at Abbott
Sunday, March 31st:
* Winter Percussion MCGC State Championships
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here. Scrip Split: 60% to student accounts: 40% to WB Boosters. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band Merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register.