West Bloomfield Bands E-Newsletter
May 20th_ May 26th, 2019
Hello, West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE:
* 2019 Marching Band Registration – STILL OPEN
* Marching Band Disney Trip Information
* 2019-2020 School Year Physicals
* Chipotle Fundraiser
* Save the Date!
* This Week’s Schedule
* Ongoing Fundraising
2019 MARCHING BAND REGISTRATION
Registration is STILL Open! Complete your online registration ASAP
Marching Band: Registration is open to all students currently in grades 8-11 residing in the West Bloomfield School District who have experience on wind or percussion instruments. It is highly recommended that students be concurrently enrolled in band class, but this requirement can be waived at the director’s discretion. District students who attend International Academy, Oakland Early College or any private or non-profit school without a marching band are welcome to join! NEW THIS YEAR: students who participate in Marching Band will have the opportunity to take a trip to Walt Disney World during winter break in 2020!
Color Guard: Students who are not in band class and/or who do not play an instrument may join the Color Guard, a visual ensemble that is an essential part of the Marching Band. Some experience in dance is helpful but not required. The dance elements and equipment skills can be taught to interested students.
Online Registration: Click HERE to register online. The online form is designed to cut down on the amount of paperwork; however, there are still forms that will need to be filled out and returned. Once you register online, you will receive a welcome e-mail with links to the additional forms, payment schedule, and more.
The fee for the 2019 Marching Band Season is $925.00, plus $150 fundraising
What’s included in the fee:
- Band Camp, including room/board, travel and entertainment
- “Pride” Marching Band shirt – for members only!
- Invitational entry fees
- In-state competitions, including travel (at least 5 performance opportunities)
- Show composition – music and drill customized for each student
- Music royalties and usage fees
- Instructor salaries for 6 months
Marching Shoes (a/k/a “Dinkles”): $40 per pair. New members must purchase new Dinkles; returning members have the option to purchase replacements. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Color Guard Shoes: $40 per pair. All Color Guard members must purchase new shoes. A fitting for shoes will take place during the summer.
Paper Registration Packets are also available in all band classes at:
Abbott Middle School, Orchard Lake Middle School and at WBHS
MARCHING BAND DISNEY TRIP INFORMATION
Missed the Disney World Trip meeting?
Visit the marching band website at http://wbbands.info/home/join-us/ or click on the links below.
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR PHYSICALS
Henry Ford Health Systems will once again be conducting physicals at West Bloomfield High School on Tuesday, June 4th between 2:30-5pm. Physicals will cost $20 and will be good for the 2019-2020 School Year. Sign up to get your physical now as space is limited. See attached flyer below and click on the link provided to schedule your physical. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0B4FA5AE28A0FC1-west2
* Physicals are required for marching band. Please see your family physician or sign up for the physical event listed above *
Come to the Chipotle at 6753 Orchard Lake Rd.
On Tuesday, June 4th between 4pm-8pm
Print or show the flyer to the cashier to have 33% of the proceeds go to
The Band Boosters Association of West Bloomfield
The Flyer is at the link below:
SAVE THE DATE!
- May 27: Memorial Day Parade in Keego Harbor
- Abbott Spring Concert – Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 7:00pm – 8:30pm at Abbott
- OLMS Spring Band Concert -Wed, May 29, 2019, 7pm – 8pm at OLMS
- Annual BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, June 4, 7pm – 8pm in the HS I-Center
- June 17-19: Marching Band Rehearsal (full ensemble): 1-8 p.m. at WBHS
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tuesday, July 2, 7pm – 8pm in the HS I-Center
- BBAWB Parent Meeting – Tues, August 6, 2019, 7pm – 8pm in the HS I-Center
- Marching Band Camp – Aug 19 – 23, 2019
- October 5th – Fall West Bloomfield Hazardous Waste Day (Tag Day Event)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (5/20/19-5/26/19)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website at http://wbbands.info/calendar/. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
Monday, May 20th:
* Jazz Band Rehearsal 2:30-4pm at the HS
Tuesday, May 21st:
* Have a great day!
Wednesday, May 22nd:
* WBHS Spring Concert 7-8:30pm at the HS
Thursday, May 23rd:
* Have a great day!
Friday, May 24th:
* Marching Band Parade Rehearsal 3-6pm at the HS
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here. Scrip Split: 60% to student accounts: 40% to WB Boosters. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band Merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register.