West Bloomfield Bands E-Newsletter: Week of October 16th-October 21st, 2017
Hello West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Feed the Band
- PRISM Concert
- MCBA Clarkston
- Restaurant Night
- Ford Field Forms
- Winter Programs
- Drum Club
- Online Bulb Sale
- Pit Crew – 2017
- Save the Date
- This Week’s Schedule
IMPORTANT FEED THE BAND UPDATES
The $5.00 pasta & salad meals will be served after practice on Wednesday Oct. 18th to those Marching Band/Color Guard students & family members that pre-ordered. Exact change will be appreciated!
- We need a few parents to help us serve the meals this Wednesday from 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM in the Laker Commons. The kids won’t have much time, so helpers will allow us to serve them quickly. You’ll be done in time to see the amazing PRISM concert!
- Please email Carol@NorwoodCompanies.com if you’re able to help.
- Laker Commons is across the hall from the cafeteria.
We have 3 more Feed the Band events and we need every MB & CG family to participate in some way. Did you know that we feed more than 100 people for every Feed the Band event? We feed your hungry child(ren), our dedicated staff and the all-volunteer Pit Crew.
We ask that every family either donate one or more items, or donate cash so we will shop for needed items, or volunteer time. Watch your email for the Signup Genius links and help in any way you can.
The dates are:
- Feed the Band 3: THIS SATURDAY, October 21 before the Clarkston Invitational. The theme is a Mexican Fiesta. We still need some items & volunteers. Here is the link to the signup: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084ea9a92eaa8-feed
- Feed the Band 4: NEXT Saturday, October 28th before the Lakeland Invitational. The theme for this will be soups, sandwiches and salads. A signup will be sent out no later than Tuesday of this week.
- Feed the Band 5: Saturday, November 4th before the State Finals at Ford Field. The theme for that meal will be pasta & meatball subs. A signup will be sent out next week.
A huge thank you to all of the parents that have donated and volunteered so far. We couldn’t do it without you!!
Renee Floer & Carol Finkelstein
Your 2017 Feed the Band Coordinators
The PRISM Concert will take place on Wednesday, October 18th at 7:00pm in the WBHS Auditorium. Join us to listen to amazing music from our Band Programs!
Adults are $5 and students/kids are free.
All WBHS Concert Bands will have a practice on Monday, October 16th from 6:00pm-9:00pm.
When: Sat, October 21, 10:00am – 10:30pm
Where: Clarkston High School, 6093 Flemings Lake Rd, Village of Clarkston, MI 48346
Schedule for Marching Band/Color Guard:
- 10-3:45 Rehearsal @WB
(there will be a short break from 12:30-1:00. If students would like to snack during this time, they will need to bring their own food.)
- 3:45- Load the truck
- 4pm-5:15pm – Eat (boosters are providing this meal), change into uniforms
- 5:20pm- Depart for Clarkston
- 6pm- Arrive/unload truck/visual warm up
- 7:10pm- Music Warm up
- 8:15pm- Perform “Spotlight”
- 8:30pm- Reload truck, watch other bands
- 9:30pm- Awards
- 10pm- Load buses and return to WB
- ~10:30pm- Arrival back at WB
Don’t feel like cooking? Want to support the best band program around? Join us at Gino’s on Monday, October 23rd between 5:00pm-10:00pm. Gino’s is located at 1999 Cass Lake Rd. in Keego Harbor.
15% of all orders, presented with the fundraiser flyer, will go to our band program.
Visit www.http://wbbands.info/ to download the Gino’s flyer. This flyer must be printed off and turned in when ordering.
FORD FIELD FORMS
Marching Band/Color Guard students, as well as any PIT CREW member or Chaperone, need a signed Ford Field waiver. Please turn in to Anne Marie Collier-Miller. The Ford Field forms are on our website and can be downloaded. Please visit:
Parent Meetings, Auditions and Clinics! Mark your calendar for winter program events! Please note the meeting locations.
WINTER GUARD – (grades 6-9 for Junior Varsity; grades 8-12 for Varsity)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:00 p.m. in the band room at Abbott Middle School
- Auditions: Thursday andFriday, November 16 & 17, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the gym at Abbott Middle School
WINTER PERCUSSION – (grades 8-12; some positions by audition only)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School.
- Free Percussion Clinic: Wednesday, November 8 from 5:00 – 8:15 p.m. at Abbott Middle School (meet in band room)
WINTER WINDS – (for grades 6-8 – indoor marching ensemble)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 6:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School
It’s not too late!
The fall session of Drum Club is going on now! Students in grades 6-8 meet after school on Mondays at WBHS to learn about percussion from our award-winning West Bloomfield Percussion director! Students who missed the deadline can still participate if they bring $5 cash to each remaining class in the fall session. Transportation will be provided from the middle schools to the band room at WBHS. A schedule and form can be downloaded from the WB Bands website: http://wbbands.info/west-bloomfield-percussion/middle-school-percussion/. Please have your student bring their completed form and their money to Drum Club.
Questions? E-mail Percussion Director Chris Vilag at email@example.com.
BULB SALE ONLINE ORDERS
The website for online ordering will remain open until December 1! If you need the link for online ordering, it can be found here: http://wbbands.info/dutch-mill-bulbs-fundraiser/. Online orders will be monitored and students will receive credit for the sales. Please fill in student’s name during checkout! The Band Boosters is offering a generous 80% student account split on the profits.
The proceeds from this sale will be used to hire sectional teachers for MSBOA Festival in March.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
PIT CREW – SIGN UP GENIUS
Please check out the 2017 event list. PIT Crew is needed for each event. Take a look and sign up in advance. Thanks to those of you that have already signed up!
SAVE THE DATE!
OLMS 7th & 8th Grade Concert: Thursday, October 26th from 7:00-8:00pm
MCBA Lakeland: Saturday, October 28th
Marching Band State Finals @ Ford Field: Saturday, November 4th
BBAWB Parent Meeting: Tuesday, November 7th at 7:00pm in the WBHS I-Center
Marching Band Banquet: 2017 Marching Band Banquet is November 19th!
Winter Invitational: On Saturday, February 3, 2018, West Bloomfield Bands will host our winter invitational. Last year 81 groups performed at our show. Our concessions and admissions served over a thousand performers and spectators. This is the most important fundraiser of the year for the band program! In order to host the show, we need many volunteers. Please plan to help us on that day.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (October 16th –October 21st)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
Monday Oct. 16th:
- Drum Club grades 6-8 3:30pm-5:30pm
- WBHS Concert Bands – PRISM Practice 6:00-9:00pm
Tuesday Oct. 17th:
- Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30-6:30pm
- Front Ensemble Rehearsal 5:00-8:00pm
Wednesday Oct. 18th:
- Full Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
- PRISM Concert 7:00-9:00pm
Thursday Oct. 19th:
- Full Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
Friday Oct. 20th:
- Home Football Game – Marching Band/Color Guard 5:00-10:30pm
Saturday Oct. 21st:
- MCBA Clarkston 10:00am-10:30pm
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here. Scrip Split: 60% to student accounts: 40% to WB Boosters. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band Merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register.
CONNECT WITH US
Like us on Facebook: West Bloomfield Bands
Follow us on Instagram: wbbands
Follow us on Twitter: @WB_Bands