West Bloomfield Bands E-Newsletter: Week of October 23rd-October 28th, 2017
Hello West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Restaurant Night
- SCRIP Program
- Feed the Band
- Ford Field Forms
- Winter Programs
- Drum Club
- Online Bulb Sale
- Save the Date
- This Week’s Schedule
Don’t cook tomorrow night!
Join us at Gino’s on Monday, October 23rd between 5:00pm-10:00pm. Gino’s is located at 1999 Cass Lake Rd. in Keego Harbor.
15% of all orders, presented with the fundraiser flyer, will go to our band program.
Visit www.http://wbbands.info/ to download the Gino’s flyer. This flyer must be printed off and turned in when ordering.
Now is the time to start stocking up on SCRIP for the holidays!
SCRIP is an easy, fast way to put money in your student’s account! Simply purchase store gift cards for everyday purchases such as gas, eating out, travel, clothing and many others, or to give as gifts for any occasion. The merchants give a percentage of the gift card purchase to the band, which will then be deposited into your student’s points account. 40% of the money raised by purchasing SCRIP cards goes towards your student points account and 60% earns money for West Bloomfield Bands.
How To Order:
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- Register: Sign on as a member or sign up as a new member. The enrollment code for Band Boosters of West Bloomfield is: 18L5CFD5612L. This code is case sensitive — type it exactly as you see it here.
- Order: Select the cards and quantity you plan to purchase. Encourage family and friends to place orders through you.
- Payment & Delivery: Write a check to BBAWB for the amount of your purchase. Orders typically go in at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday nights and are available for pick up/delivery by Tuesday/Wednesday of the following week. Checks need to be made out to BBAWB, or cash is due by the time of pick up. You can mail your check or drop it off at our SCRIP coordinator’s home. You will be able to check your order history and quickly reorder standard items.
Up-To-Date scrip information:
- Here is a link to upcoming low-denomination Scrips that will be available starting October 21:
- Shop With Scrip on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShopWithScrip
- Current Specials: https://shop.shopwithscrip.com/Shop/Product/Specials
- An up-to-date retailer list by category is attached to this newsletter (PDF attached).
Contact our BBAWB SCRIP coordinator: Marguerite DeBello
FEED THE BAND
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that donated items, cash or their valuable time to Feed the Band yesterday. Everyone enjoyed the Mexican Fiesta, and we couldn’t have done it without each and every one of you!
WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS FOR THIS SATURDAY’S FEED THE BAND 4: LAKELAND INVITATIONAL. This week will serve a variety of soups, salads and sandwiches before sending the Band off to compete at Lakeland High School.
WE NEED EVERY MG & CG FAMILY TO HELP in some way to feed your child(ren), our dedicated staff and the all-volunteer Pit Crew. Please donate item(s) or cash to purchase needed items or volunteer your time.
Here is the link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084ea9a92eaa8-feed1
THE 5th AND FINAL FEED THE BAND IS NEXT SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH before State Finals at Ford Field. Watch your email for the signup, which will be sent out within the next few days (as soon as Mr. Mielens has the performance schedule).
Carol Finkelstein & Renee Floer
Your 2017 Feed the Band Coordinators
FORD FIELD FORMS
Marching Band/Color Guard students, as well as any PIT CREW member or Chaperone, need a signed Ford Field waiver. Please turn in to Anne Marie Collier-Miller. The Ford Field forms are on our website and can be downloaded. Please visit:
Parent Meetings, Auditions and Clinics! Mark your calendar for winter program events! Please note the meeting locations.
(grades 6-9 for Junior Varsity; grades 8-12 for Varsity)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:00 p.m. in the band room at Abbott Middle School
- Auditions: Thursday andFriday, November 16 & 17, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the gym at Abbott Middle School
(grades 8-12; some positions by audition only)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School.
- Free Percussion Clinic: Wednesday, November 8 from 5:00 – 8:15 p.m. at Abbott Middle School (meet in band room)
(grades 6-8 – indoor marching ensemble)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 6:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School
It’s not too late!
The fall session of Drum Club is going on now! Students in grades 6-8 meet after school on Mondays at WBHS to learn about percussion from our award-winning West Bloomfield Percussion director! Students who missed the deadline can still participate if they bring $5 cash to each remaining class in the fall session. Transportation will be provided from the middle schools to the band room at WBHS. A schedule and form can be downloaded from the WB Bands website: http://wbbands.info/west-bloomfield-percussion/middle-school-percussion/. Please have your student bring their completed form and their money to Drum Club.
Questions? E-mail Percussion Director Chris Vilag at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BULB SALE ONLINE ORDERS
The website for online ordering will remain open until December 1! If you need the link for online ordering, it can be found here: http://wbbands.info/dutch-mill-bulbs-fundraiser/. Online orders will be monitored and students will receive credit for the sales. Please fill in student’s name during checkout! The Band Boosters is offering a generous 80% student account split on the profits.
The proceeds from this sale will be used to hire sectional teachers for MSBOA Festival in March.
E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.
SAVE THE DATE!
Marching Band State Finals @ Ford Field: Saturday, November 4th
BBAWB Parent Meeting: Tuesday, November 7th at 7:00pm in the WBHS I-Center
Marching Band Banquet: 2017 Marching Band Banquet is November 19th!
Winter Invitational: On Saturday, February 3, 2018, West Bloomfield Bands will host our winter invitational. Last year 81 groups performed at our show. Our concessions and admissions served over a thousand performers and spectators. This is the most important fundraiser of the year for the band program! In order to host the show, we need many volunteers. Please plan to help us on that day.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (October 23rd –October 28th)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
Monday Oct. 23rd:
- Drum Club grades 6-8, 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Gino’s Fundraiser 5:00pm-10:00pm
Tuesday Oct. 24th:
- Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30-6:30pm
- Front Ensemble Rehearsal 5:00-8:00pm
- BBAWB Board Meeting 7:00pm
Wednesday Oct. 25th:
- Full Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
Thursday Oct. 26th:
- Full Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
- OLMS 7th & 8th grade concert
Friday Oct. 27th:
- Have a great day!
Saturday Oct. 28th:
- MCBA Lakeland
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here. Scrip Split: 60% to student accounts: 40% to WB Boosters. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band Merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register.
CONNECT WITH US
Like us on Facebook: West Bloomfield Bands
Follow us on Instagram: wbbands
Follow us on Twitter: @WB_Bands