West Bloomfield Bands E-Newsletter: Week of October 30th-November 4th, 2017
Hello West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Director’s Note
- Marching Band Banquet
- Winter Programs
- Feed the Band Update
- Drum Club
- SCRIP Program
- Online Bulb Sale
- Save the Date
- This Week’s Schedule
MARCHING BAND BANQUET
Invitations for the 2017 Marching Band Banquet were distributed this week. A copy of the invitation and RSVP card is attached to this newsletter as a PDF. Please respond by November 6th, even if you are not able to attend. Over the years we have tried to keep the price to $25 per person. However, due to rising costs it is somewhat of a challenge. This year we are asking for donations to help defray the expenses. If you are in a position to contribute a few extra dollars we would be very appreciative. To honor our donors, we will list their name on the program if, desired.
Please let us know if you have dietary restrictions. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me by phone, text or email: email@example.com
Parent Meetings, Auditions and Clinics! Mark your calendar for winter program events! Please note the meeting locations. Visit www.http://wbbands.info/wb-bands-2/ for detailed information about our Winter Programs.
(Grades 6-9 for Junior Varsity; Grades 8-12 for Varsity)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:00 p.m. in the band room at Abbott Middle School
- Auditions: Thursday andFriday, November 16 & 17, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the gym at Abbott Middle School
(Grades 4 & 5)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 6:30pm in the band room at Abbott Middle School
(Grades 8-12; some positions by audition only)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School.
- Free Percussion Clinic: Wednesday, November 8 from 5:00 – 8:15 p.m. at Abbott Middle School (meet in band room)
(Grades 6-8 – indoor marching ensemble)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 6:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School
FEED THE BAND UPDATE
Dear Marching Band & Color Guard Families,
A huge thank you to all of the families that donated items, donated cash to purchase items, or volunteered their valuable time to help Feed the Band yesterday. We sent a well-fed band to the Lakeland competition and their performance was wonderful. As it turns out, yesterday was the final Feed the Band for this season. I would like to personally thank Renee Floer, who graciously volunteered her time to help coordinate Feed the Band. Renee, your kindness and generosity all season has been appreciated more than you know.
I look forward to seeing all of you at the banquet in a few weeks!
It’s not too late!
The fall session of Drum Club is going on now! Students in grades 6-8 meet after school on Mondays at WBHS to learn about percussion from our award-winning West Bloomfield Percussion director! Students who missed the deadline can still participate if they bring $5 cash to each remaining class in the fall session. Transportation will be provided from the middle schools to the band room at WBHS. A schedule and form can be downloaded from the WB Bands website: http://wbbands.info/west-bloomfield-percussion/middle-school-percussion/. Please have your student bring their completed form and their money to Drum Club.
Questions? E-mail Percussion Director Chris Vilag at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now is the time to start stocking up on SCRIP for the holidays!
SCRIP is an easy, fast way to put money in your student’s account! Simply purchase store gift cards for everyday purchases such as gas, eating out, travel, clothing and many others, or to give as gifts for any occasion. The merchants give a percentage of the gift card purchase to the band, which will then be deposited into your student’s points account. 40% of the money raised by purchasing SCRIP cards goes towards your student points account and 60% earns money for West Bloomfield Bands.
How To Order:
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- Register: Sign on as a member or sign up as a new member. The enrollment code for Band Boosters of West Bloomfield is: 18L5CFD5612L. This code is case sensitive — type it exactly as you see it here.
- Order: Select the cards and quantity you plan to purchase. Encourage family and friends to place orders through you.
- Payment & Delivery: Write a check to BBAWB for the amount of your purchase. Orders typically go in at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday nights and are available for pick up/delivery by Tuesday/Wednesday of the following week. Checks need to be made out to BBAWB, or cash is due by the time of pick up. You can mail your check or drop it off at our SCRIP coordinator’s home. You will be able to check your order history and quickly reorder standard items.
Up-To-Date scrip information:
- Here is a link to upcoming low-denomination Scrips that will be available starting October 21:
- Shop With Scrip on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShopWithScrip
- Current Specials: https://shop.shopwithscrip.com/Shop/Product/Specials
- An up-to-date retailer list by category is attached to this newsletter (PDF attached).
Contact our BBAWB SCRIP coordinator: Marguerite DeBello
BULB SALE ONLINE ORDERS
The website for online ordering will remain open until December 1! If you need the link for online ordering, it can be found here: http://wbbands.info/dutch-mill-bulbs-fundraiser/. Online orders will be monitored and students will receive credit for the sales. Please fill in student’s name during checkout! The Band Boosters is offering a generous 80% student account split on the profits.
The proceeds from this sale will be used to hire sectional teachers for MSBOA Festival in March.
E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.
SAVE THE DATE!
BBAWB Parent Meeting: Tuesday, November 7th at 7:00pm in the WBHS I-Center
The Lodge Fundraiser: Wednesday, November 15th
Marching Band Banquet: 2017 Marching Band Banquet is November 19th!
Winter Invitational: On Saturday, February 3, 2018, West Bloomfield Bands will host our winter invitational. Last year 81 groups performed at our show. Our concessions and admissions served over a thousand performers and spectators. This is the most important fundraiser of the year for the band program! In order to host the show, we need many volunteers. Please plan to help us on that day.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (October 30th –November 4th)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
Monday Oct. 30th :
- Drum Club grades 6-8, 3:30pm-5:30pm
Tuesday Oct. 31st:
- Happy Halloween! Have Fun & Be Safe!
Wednesday Nov, 1st:
- Marching Band Final Meeting 3:15pm-4:00pm
Thursday Nov. 2nd – Saturday the 4th:
- Have a great rest of your week!
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here. Scrip Split: 60% to student accounts: 40% to WB Boosters. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band Merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register.
CONNECT WITH US
Like us on Facebook: West Bloomfield Bands
Follow us on Instagram: wbbands
Follow us on Twitter: @WB_Bands