Hello West Bloomfield Band families!
A very special Thank You to Carol Finkelstein, Renee Floer, & all of the volunteers for hosting an amazing Homecoming Tailgate! A big congrats to all of the Middle School Marchers & Color Guard that joined us for Homecoming…you were fantastic! We are so glad that you could join us!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Bulb Sale
- Restaurant Night
- PRISM Concert – Feed The Band
- Drum Club
- New Concert Uniforms
- Winter Programs
- Pit Crew – 2017
- Save the Date
- This Week’s Schedule
BULB SALE REMINDER!
The Bulb Sale has ended for catalog orders! If your student forgot to turn their money in on Friday, they have one more chance! Money and completed order forms should be turned in to your student’s band teacher tomorrow, Monday, October 9. Orders will be placed on October 10. Catalog orders are anticipated to be delivered no later than the week of October 23.
Remember, proceeds from this sale will be used to hire sectional teachers for MSBOA Festival in March. Also, the Band Boosters is offering a generous 80% student account split on the profits.
The website for online ordering will remain open until December 1! If you need the link for online ordering, it can be found here: http://wbbands.info/dutch-mill-bulbs-fundraiser/. Online orders will be monitored and students will receive credit for the sales. Please fill in student’s name during checkout! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Don’t feel like cooking? Want to support the best band program around? Order something from the Jet’s Pizza located at 6641 Orchard Lake Rd. on Wednesday, October 11th from 11:00am-10:00pm. Just mention you are ordering to support West Bloomfield Bands. Part of the profit from the day’s sales will go directly to our band program. Call 248-737-0770 to order take-out or delivery.
PRISM CONCERT – FEED THE BAND
Marching Band & Color Guard Families – We have rehearsal prior to the Prism concert on Wednesday, October 18th. BBAWB will be selling meals to student(s) immediately following practice. An evite went out to all parent emails on Saturday 10/7. Here is the link: http://evite.me/NWa3tSuHaN.
For only $5.00 your student will receive your choice of baked penne with marinara sauce & cheese -or- gluten free penne pasta with marinara sauce (parmesan on the side). Each meal will include a salad and water. The evite allows you to pre-order and select the appropriate meal for your student. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that there will be extra meals, so it is important that you pre-order it on the evite.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Carol Finkelstein at Carol@NorwoodCompanies.com.
The fall session of Drum Club is going on now! Students in grades 6-8 meet after school on Mondays at WBHS to learn about percussion from our award-winning West Bloomfield Percussion director! Students who missed the deadline can still participate if they bring $5 cash to each remaining class in the fall session. Transportation will be provided from the middle schools to the band room at WBHS. A schedule and form can be downloaded from the WB Bands website: http://wbbands.info/west-bloomfield-percussion/middle-school-percussion/. Please have your student bring their completed form and their money to Drum Club. Questions? E-mail Percussion Director Chris Vilag at email@example.com.
CONCERT BANDS – NEW UNIFORMS
Any questions or concerns related to concert uniforms? Contact Anne Marie Collier-Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 804-869-3511
Middle School – We have received new concert vests and shirts for all of the students!
Abbott fittings will take place on 10/10 and 10/11.
OLMS students will be notified by email about the date of fittings
- NO MORE BOWTIES. Everyone will be issued a vest and concert shirt to wear. Each student must provide their own BLACK LONG PANTS.
- Cleaning costs will now be $10 (there are now 2 items to clean).
- Everyone will be asked to sign a uniform contract. We want to make sure everything is returned to us at the end of the year.
High School – We have received new concert coats and dresses!
High School fittings will take place on 10/10 and 10/11
- NO BOWTIES!!! There is a special shirt that all the boys need to purchase that will remove the need for bowties. Look below for the link with the information. (No add on button cover is needed for the shirt.)
- Note about shirts: Anne Marie is going to gather the information from those who want to participate and order the shirts in a large group. “This would cut down on shipping for everyone. It is not required that you order through me, just make sure you order through the link. Depending on how many people order shirts, the price for each person will be $25 per student.” She needs: name of student, size of shirt needed (there is a size chart on the website) and an email address. The money (turn in to Mr. Mielens) by Friday Oct. 20th. Please place the money into an envelope with the students name on it.
- Girls will be fitted for dresses, starting with the symphonic winds. If your student doesn’t receive a dress, we will send out an email on what the concert dress will be.
- There will be uniform contracts. ALL UNIFORMS HAVE TO BE RETURNED BEFORE THE END OF SCHOOL. Each group may have a different turn in date, so watch your emails.
- Cleaning–the charge will be $10. Boys are getting coats and pants and the girls are getting dresses.
Parent Meetings, Auditions and Clinics! Mark your calendar for winter program events! Please note the meeting locations.
WINTER GUARD – (grades 6-9 for Junior Varsity; grades 8-12 for Varsity)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:00 p.m. in the band room at Abbott Middle School
- Auditions: Thursday andFriday, November 16 & 17, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the gym at Abbott Middle School
WINTER PERCUSSION – (grades 8-12; some positions by audition only)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School.
- Free Percussion Clinic: Wednesday, November 8 from 5:00 – 8:15 p.m. at Abbott Middle School (meet in band room)
WINTER WINDS – (for grades 6-8 – indoor marching ensemble)
- Parent Meeting: Thursday, November 9 at 6:30 p.m. in the band room at West Bloomfield High School
PIT CREW – SIGN UP GENIUS:
Please check out the 2017 event list. PIT Crew is needed for each event. Take a look and sign up in advance. Thanks to those of you that have already signed up!
SAVE THE DATE!
Gino’s Restaurant Night: – Monday, October 23rd 5:00pm-10:00pm.
Marching Band Banquet: 2017 Marching Band Banquet is November 19th!
Winter Invitational: On Saturday, February 3, 2018, West Bloomfield Bands will host our winter invitational. Last year 81 groups performed at our show. Our concessions and admissions served over a thousand performers and spectators. This is the most important fundraiser of the year for the band program! In order to host the show, we need many volunteers. Please plan to help us on that day.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE (October 9th –October 14th)
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
Monday Oct. 9th:
- Drum Club grades 6-8 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Bulb sale catalog orders due
Tuesday Oct. 10th:
- Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30-6:30pm
- Front Ensemble Rehearsal 3:30-6:30pm
- Concert uniform fittings
Wednesday Oct. 11th:
- Full Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Jet’s Pizza fundraiser
- Concert uniform fittings
Thursday Oct. 12th:
- Full Marching Band Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
Friday Oct. 13th:
- Have a great day!
Saturday Oct. 14th:
- Full Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00am-4:00pm
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, click here. Scrip Split: 60% to student accounts: 40% to WB Boosters. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band Merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Amazon Smile: EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register.
CONNECT WITH US
Like us on Facebook: West Bloomfield Bands
Follow us on Instagram: wbbands
Follow us on Twitter: @WB_Bands