West Bloomfield bands newsletter — July 1-7
Hello, West Bloomfield Band families!
IN THIS ISSUE
* Notes from the treasurers
* Financial assistance
* Percussion/Guard rehearsals
* Band rehearsals
* Leadership Day
* 2019 marching band registration
* Marching band Disney World trip information
* Scrip percentage
* Car wash fundraiser
* Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser
* Band at the Beach
* Save the Date
* This week’s schedule
* Ongoing fundraising
NOTES FROM THE TREASURERS
Your marching band deposit of $175 and first payment of $150 should have been paid by now. The next payment is due July 15. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
All financial assistance requests must be completed and sent to Steve Bologna by Sunday,
July 7. The form can be found HERE.
* Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Place in the mailbox in the high school band room
* Mail to …
Ex Officio, BBAWB, Inc.
4352 Greenstown Dr.
West Bloomfield, Mich. 48323
There are no rehearsals this week. Have a happy and safe Fourth of July!
5-8 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, high school
5-8 p.m. Tuesday, July 9 and Thursday, July 11, high school
JULY BAND CAMP
The entire marching band ensemble will return to practice from 1-8 p.m. Monday July 15-Friday July 19 at the high school. Plan accordingly.
Dear student leaders and parents,
On Sunday, July 14, marching band members who will be seniors AND marching band members who will be section leaders will participate in Leadership Day, with activities geared toward promoting a positive student leadership base.
Leadership Day, which begins at 9:15 a.m., is at Walled Lake Outdoor Education Center, 3577 Sleeth Court, Commerce 48382.
There will be morning leadership activities before breaking for lunch at approximately noon. Pizza will be provided. Following lunch, afternoon activities include a high ropes course before the conclusion of the event around 3 p.m.
Students should wear comfortable clothing and athletic shoes. A signed waiver is required.
The cost of the event is $40 per person. Please RSVP to Kim Potts at email@example.com or (248) 891-8160. Payment and forms ARE DUE by Tuesday, July 9. Checks should be made out to BBAWB.
2019 MARCHING BAND REGISTRATION
Registration STILL is open to all students grades 7-12
We have openings for all instruments (winds, percussion, front ensemble) as well as color guard.
District students who attend International Academy, Oakland Early College or any private or nonprofit school without a marching band are welcome to join!
NEW THIS YEAR: Students who participate in marching band can take a trip to Walt Disney World during winter break in 2020!
Color guard: Students who are not in band class and/or who do not play an instrument may join the color guard, a visual ensemble that is an essential part of marching band. Some experience in dance is helpful but not required.
Online registration: Click HERE to register online. While the online form is designed to cut down on the amount of paperwork, there still are forms that will need to be filled out and returned. Once you register online, you will receive a welcome e-mail with links to the additional forms, payment schedule, and more.
Paper registration packets also are available.
Questions? Contact Noah Dyer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee for this season is $925.00, plus $150 fundraising
What’s included in the fee:
* Band camp, including room/board, travel and entertainment
* “Pride” marching band shirt
* Invitational entry fees
* In-state competitions, including travel (at least five performance opportunities)
* Show composition (music and drill customized for each student)
* Music royalties and usage fees
* Instructor salaries for six months
* Marching shoes (aka “Dinkles”): New members must purchase new shoes (cost is $40), returning members have the option to purchase replacements. A fitting for shoes will take place this summer.
Color guard shoes: All color guard members must purchase (cost $40) new shoes. A fitting for shoes will take place this summer.
MARCHING BAND DISNEY TRIP INFORMATION
Missed the Disney World trip meeting?
Visit the marching band website wbbands.info or click on the links below.
Earn money for your student account by purchasing Scrip! For more information, click here.
The student earns 100% of the Scrip now through Dec. 31!!!!!!
To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
CAR WASH FUNDRAISER
When: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, July 13
Where: Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 4800 Orchard Lake, West Bloomfield
Marching band members, please sign up to volunteer at
All parents/students should have received tickets to sell in advance.
Tickets are $5, and three (3) points from every ticket sold by individual students will go into theirstudent account. Money is due the week of July band camp, July 15-19, and also can be dropped off at the car wash. Please return any unsold tickets.
BUFFALO WILD WINGS FUNDRAISER
When: 11 a.m.-midnight Wednesday, July 17
Where: Buffalo Wild Wings, 31205 Orchard Lake, Farmington Hills
Scrips gift cards for Buffalo Wild Wings (8% return) are available for purchase. Contact Christine Karow at email@example.com for information.
BAND AT THE BEACH
When: 5-9 p.m. Wednesday, July 24
Where: 6925 Dandison, West Bloomfield
Come to the annual beach outing for food, fun, and bonding. RSVPs and details to come.
There also will be an “Get To Know” adult beach night, tentatively scheduled for Aug. 8.
SAVE THE DATE!
* July 13: Car wash fundraiser, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 4800 Orchard Lake
* July 14: Leadership Day, 9:15 a.m.-3 p.m., Walled Lake Outdoor Education Center,
3577 Sleeth Court, Commerce
* July 15-19: Marching band rehearsal (full ensemble), 1-8 p.m. at WBHS
* July 16: Parent “How To” meeting, 7 p.m., high school (site TBD)
Come see how to use Charms, Scrips, and other key components
* July 17: Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant night fundraiser, 11a.m.-midnight, 31205 Orchard Lake.
Flyers, which can be printed at wbbands.info, are needed.
* July 24: Band at the Beach, 5-9 p.m., 6925 Dandison, West Bloomfield
* Aug. 8: Get To Know You adult night at the beach, TBD, 6925 Dandison, West Bloomfield
* Aug. 14: Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant night fundraiser, 11a.m.-midnight, 31205 Orchard Lake
* Aug. 19-23: Marching band camp
* Oct. 5: West Bloomfield hazardous waste day (tag day event)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website at wbbands.info/calendar. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
* No events scheduled — have a happy and safe Fourth!!!!!
Kroger: Earn Money by Shopping at Kroger and swiping your Plus Card.
Sign up today to earn money for the Band Boosters Association of West Bloomfield just by doing your weekly grocery shopping.
Go to kroger.com/communityrewards to get started.
Organization name: BAND BOOSTERS ASSOCIATION OF WEST BLOOMFIELD
Organization number: 84004
Scrips: Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program/. Scrip split: 100% to student accounts through Dec. 31. To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Band merchandise: Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise. A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield bands.
Amazon Smile: Earn money for West Bloomfield bands with Amazon Smile. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices and support the bands at no extra cost to you! To get started, go to wbbands.info/amazon-smile.