West Bloomfield bands newsletter — July 29-Aug. 4
Hello West Bloomfield band families,
IN THIS ISSUE
* Notes from the treasurers
* Percussion camp
* Guard rehearsals
* Leadership clinic
* Marching band Disney World trip information
* Trailer GoFund Me
* Scrip percentage
* Scrip bonus
* Car wash fundraiser
* Save the Date
* This week’s schedule
* Ongoing fundraising
NOTES FROM THE TREASURERS — PAYMENT DUE!!!
* Your July payment of $150 was due July 15!
There are three ways to make your payment:
* Drop check off in the band mailbox
* Pay through Venmo
* Send payment via mail to
4644 Laurel Club Circle
West Bloomfield, Mich. 48323
* 1-8 p.m. Monday, July 29-Wednesday July 31 at the high school
Please be on time!
* Guard, 5-8 p.m. Tuesday, July 30 at the high school
Please be on time!
* 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at Ferndale High, 881 Pinecrest, Ferndale
This leadership clinic at Ferndale, hosted by Scott Lang, is MANDATORY FOR ALL MARCHNG BAND MEMBERS!!
Cost is $25. Please make payment to the treasurer!!!
Please report to Ferndale High at least 20 minutes before the 6 p.m. start — and plan for traffic!!!
TRAILER GOFUND ME
The West Bloomfield band program has started a GoFundMe to replace a trailer that no longer is in use — it was more than 40 years old and no longer is safe.
Here’s the link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/
Please support our GoFundMe by making a tax deductible donation — the Band Boosters Association of West Bloomfield, Inc., is a nonprofit organization,
AND PLEASE SHARE THE LINK!!!!!
MARCHING BAND DISNEY TRIP INFORMATION
Missed the Disney World trip meeting?
Visit the marching band website wbbands.info or click on the links below.
Disney World Meeting Slides
West Bloomfield HS Band Orlando Trip Registration Instructions
Disney Sign Up Guide
Earn money for your student account by purchasing Scrip! For more information, click here.
The student earns 100% of the Scrip now through Dec. 31!!!!!!
To sign up and learn more, visit the Great Lakes Scrip website.
Scrips is offering extra bonus percentages thru Friday, Aug. 2.
Check out, among others: Buffalo Wild Wings, Chipotle, Panera, Subway, Gap, Staples, and Target.
Earn smart with Back to School bonus rebates up to 20%.
CAR WASH FUNDRAISER
If you have any car wash ticket money from the first fundraiser, you can drop it off at the band mailbox when percussion/guard rehearsals are taking place.
All unsold tickets can be sold for the next fundraiser car wash — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, West Bloomfield United Methodist, 4100 Walnut Lake, West Bloomfield.
A Sign-Up Genius is out — signupgenius.com/go/
Tickets are $5, and three (3) points from every ticket sold by individual students will go into their student account.
SAVE THE DATE!
* July 29-31: Percussion camp, 1-8 p.m. at WBHS
* July 30: Guard rehearsal, 5-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Aug. 1: Leadership clinic, 6-9 p.m. at Ferndale High
* Aug. 3: Car wash fundraiser, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., West Bloomfield United Methodist,
4100 Walnut Lake, West Bloomfield.
* Aug. 6: Percussion rehearsal, 1-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Aug. 7: Parent meeting, 7 p.m. at WBHS (site TBD)
* Aug. 8: Get To Know You adult night at the beach, 5-9 p.m., 6925 Dandison, West Bloomfield
* Aug. 12-16: Marching band rehearsal (full ensemble), 1-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Aug. 14: Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant night fundraiser, 11a.m.-midnight, 31205 Orchard Lake
* Aug. 19-23: Marching band camp, Manitou-Lin, 1095 North Briggs, Middleville, MI
* Aug. 24: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 4-7 p.m. at WBHS
* Aug. 24: Community performance fundraiser cookout, 5-7 p.m. at WBHS
* Aug. 24: Community performance, 7 p.m. at WBHS
* Aug. 26: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 1-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Aug. 27-29: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 5-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 3: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 5:30-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 3: Parent meeting, 7 p.m. at WBHS I-Center
* Sept. 4: WBHS Open House, 7-8:30 at WBHS
* Sept. 5: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 5:30-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 6: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 3:30-6:30 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 6: Home football game vs. Groves, 7-10 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 7: Field Day (full ensemble), time TBD at WBHS
* Sept. 10: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 5:30-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 12: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 5:30-8 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 13: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 3:30-6:30 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 14: Rehearsal (full ensemble), 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at WBHS
* Sept. 14: Drive 4UR School fundraiser, noon-3 p.m. at WBHS, Tom Holzer Ford test drive
* Oct. 5: West Bloomfield hazardous waste day (tag day event)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
The Band Boosters uses Google Calendar. A link to the full calendar can be found on our website at wbbands.info/calendar. To add BBAWB events to your calendar on your computer or smart phone, click on the “+Google Calendar” icon located at the bottom right of the calendar.
* Monday: Percussion camp, 1-8 p.m., high school
* Tuesday: Percussion camp, 1-8 p.m., high school
* Tuesday: Guard rehearsal, 5-8 p.m., high school
* Wednesday: Percussion camp, 1-8 p.m., high school
* Thursday: Leadership clinic, 6-9 p.m. at Ferndale High
* Saturday: Car wash fundraiser, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., West Bloomfield United Methodist,
4100 Walnut Lake, West Bloomfield.
Earn Money by Shopping at Kroger and swiping your Plus Card.
Sign up today to earn money for the Band Boosters Association of West Bloomfield just by doing your weekly grocery shopping.
Go to kroger.com/communityrewards
Organization name: BAND BOOSTERS ASSOCIATION OF WEST BLOOMFIELD
Organization number: 84004
Earn money for your student account by purchasing scrip! For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/
* Band merchandise
Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise. A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield bands.
* Amazon Smile
Earn money for West Bloomfield bands with Amazon Smile. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices and support the bands at no extra cost to you! To get started, go to wbbands.info/amazon-smile.