West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter – Week of April 13, 2014
Dear West Bloomfield Band Family,
Congratulations to the 2014 Winter Drumline on finishing strong in Dayton, OH this past weekend at the WGI Percussion World Championships. The Drumline advanced to the Semi Finals round and finished up their season with a score of 84.45. We are so proud of all their hard work and accomplishments this past season. Way to go!
Click HERE for more photos from Dayton
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Monday: Jazz Band Rehearsal, 2:30pm – 4:00pm
Tuesday: Winter Drumline End-of-Year-Meeting, 5:00pm, WBHS
Wednesday: Jazz Band Rehearsal, 2:30pm – 4:00pm
Wednesday: MARCHING BAND REGISTRATION NIGHT, 7PM, WBHS MEDIA CENTER
Saturday: Winter Guard Banquet, Waterford Lanes, 2:30pm
MARCHING BAND 2014
Registration Night is only 3 days away! ALL STUDENTS CURRENTLY IN GRADES 8 – 11 ARE INVITED TO JOIN THE BAND! We currently have openings for all instruments and dancers (color guard). The fall show WILL BE REVEALED and you do not want to miss it! We have an unbelievable marching band season planned and WE NEED YOU to make it the best season ever! The drum majors and section leaders will be announced, as well as the recipient of the John Boruta Alumni Scholarship Award. We will answer any questions that you might have. NO EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY! If you enjoy dancing, please come on out to learn about our Award-Winning Color Guard team.
What: 2014 Marching Band & Color Guard Registration Night
Who: ALL 7th – 11th grade students – you do not have to be in a band class – no experience is necessary!
Date: Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Location: WBHS Media Center
Bring your checkbook. A $200 deposit will be collected to register for marching band.
ATTENTION ALL PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE MARCHING BAND STUDENTS:
We are going to show our marching band pride on Wednesday, April 16 (the date of registration night). If you have a marching band t-shirt…wear it to school on Wednesday! Show your marching band spirit and pride to your school…and when your friends ask about your shirt, invite them to Registration Night! You do not have to be ready to register that night….just come and see what it’s all about!
THE 2014 SHOW:
The 2014 season show will be revealed this Wednesday, but check out the Official Marching Band Facebook page for daily clues!
For more information, go to www.wbbands.info
– It is time again for the annual West Bloomfield Bands Flower Sale! We are selling beautiful flats, hanging baskets and planters. Orders forms can be found on our website at wbbands.info/flower-sale/
– Fill out an order form (found HERE), and send in your order form and payment (check made out to BBAWB) by Monday, April 28, 2014
– Pick Up Date: Friday, May 23, 2-5pm, WBHS parking lot.
– This is an really easy way to put money in your student’s account and make money for the bands at the same time! Hand out order forms to family, friends and neighbors!
A physical is required for marching band and you may want to take advantage of getting the physical right at WBHS! Physicals will be this Wednesday, June 4 beginning at 2:30 pm. Physicals are performed by family practitioners and orthopedic/sports medicine doctors from Henry Ford Health System. Cost is $20. Current sport physicals are required to tryout and participate in any West Bloomfield High School sport and select clubs/classes for the 2014-2015 school year. Appointments can be made by calling the athletic office at (248) 865 – 6743.
– THANK YOU to all the parents (alumni parents included!) for all their hard work in planning, fundraising, donating, designing, sewing, building, assembling, moving and disassembling the equipment and props these past few week! Thank you for sharing your talents and skill with us. Thank you especially to Heide Dronchi for planning and directing our WGI trip to Dayton and to the chaperones: Heide Dronchi, Ruth Richards and Marguerite DeBello for putting up with our kids!
– END OF YEAR MEETING: Tuesday, April 15, 5:00pm. Meeting at WBHS this Tuesday for a quick wrap-up meeting and receive a very special gift. We will also be unloading the truck.
– END OF SEASON DRUMLINE PARTY: Sunday, April 27, 5pm – 7pm
*NEW FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY* with SMILE.AMAZON.COM
The Band Boosters Association is now linked with the AmazonSmile program!! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to BBAWB whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you will find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price.
To get started: click HERE to register. Every time you shop, go to smile.amazon.com
WBHS JAZZ BAND TO PLAY AT THE HARD ROCK CAFE
Date: Sunday, May 18, 2014
Where: Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit
Join us for an afternoon of great jazz music and good food!
GREAT GIFT IDEA! Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
Go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program/ and order SCRIP (gift cards). By doing so, you make money for the band and for your student’s account!
Come on out on Friday evening to support WB Bands and play BINGO!
We also need volunteers! For every Friday you volunteer, you put $30 into your student’s account.
The April Signups are up on the website. Click on the following link to sign up for a shift or two —–> wbbands.info/bingo
“Like Us” at “West Bloomfield Bands” facebook.com/wbbands
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Wednesday, April 16: Marching Band and Color Guard Registration Night
Tuesday, April 22 & Wednesday, April 23: Marching Band Percussion Auditions
Saturday, April 26: Middle School Solo & Ensemble
Monday, April 28: Deadline for Flower Sale orders
Tuesday, April 29 & Wednesday, April 30: Marching Band Percussion Auditions
Tuesday, May 13: WBHS Spring Concert, 7pm, WBHS Auditorium
Thursday, May 22: Abbott MS Spring Concert, 7pm, Abbott Gymnasium
Wednesday, May 28: OLMS MS Spring Concert, 7pm, OLMS Cafeteria
– Next PARENT MEETING is Tuesday, May 6.
– Next BOARD MEETING is TBD