– Registration night is only 2 days away! ALL STUDENTS IN GRADES 8 – 11 ARE INVITED TO JOIN THE BAND! We have openings for all instruments and dancers (color guard). The fall show WILL BE REVEALEDand you do not want to miss it! We have a fantastic marching band season planned and WE NEED YOU to make it the best season ever! The drum majors and section leaders will be announced and a very special surprise is planned for the evening.
2013 Marching Band & Color Guard Registration Night
Wednesday, April 10, 7:00pm
Show your marching band spirit and pride to your school…and when your friends ask about your shirt…invite them to registration night! You do not have to be ready to register that night….just come and see what it’s all about!
– Check out www.wbbands.info/join-us for more information, lots of photos from the 2012 season and a video of last year’s show.
– Congratulations to the Winter Drumline for earning the silver medal yesterday at the MCGC State Championships with a score of 89.57!!! We are unbelievably so proud of each of you! Photos will be up on the wbbands Facebook page very soon. Thank you so much to all the parents who helped purchase, design, build and test the props that were added this past week. We could not have done it without you! (especially John Boruta!)
– Rehearsal schedule for this week:
– Rehearsal schedule for next week (we’re going to Worlds!):
– PARENTS: we are still in need of several cases of water and snacks for the trip to Dayton. Please drop off your donation at ABBOTT MS band room anytime this week (before, during or after practice)- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!
WGI Percussion World Championships
Dayton, OHPreliminary Performance: Thurs, 6:35pm, Nutter Center @Wright State University
Semi-Finals Performances (top 20 groups): Friday, 9:30am – 1:10pm, Nutter Center @Wright State University
Finals Performances(top 12 groups): Saturday, 10:00am – 12noon, University of Dayton ArenaParents unable to make it to Dayton can watch a live stream of our performances!
Here’s the link: http://www.wgi.org/2013/WGI_WebcastFlyer_PERC_032513FINAL.pdfThe Dayton trip is only 1.5 weeks away!
FLOWER SALE FUNDRAISER
– The Jazz Orchestra is on a short break during the month of April. Rehearsals will return to the normal Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Wednesday, May 1.- more about Jazz Orchestra
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today. Go to http://wbbands.info/fundraising/bingo/
for more information.
SCRIPS is a great way to add money to your child’s student account. Purchase gift cards to various merchants and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to the band. For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program
BBAWB BOARD MEETING