Dear Marching Band Family,
Band Camp 2013 begins tomorrow! Please arrive at the high school band room no later than 6:30am. We looking forward to seeing all of you! Keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates throughout the week.
BAND CAMP REMINDERS
– Bring a pair of blue jean shorts to wear for our debut performance of FIREBIRD on Friday at 8pm. We will be providing them with a West Bloomfield Marching Band T-Shirt to wear for the performance.
– We are taking the band to camp by school bus tomorrow, but all students must be picked up on Friday as we do not provide transportation home.
– Please also make sure that all of your payments and paperwork are turned in before arriving Monday morning.
– Do not pack anything with Nuts or Peanuts
– Bring about $10 for spending money. $5 will be needed on Thursday for pizza.
– Bring your own snacks
– Bring your own (case of) water or Gatorade. (There will be no camp store this year)
– Water bottle/jug
– NO ELECTRONICS ARE ALLOWED, except for cell phones and handhelds. Do not bring a TV or video game system.
– Bring a fitted sheet for the mattress. Don’t forget a sleeping bag and pillow.
– The BUGS are bad! Bring lots of bug spray!
Print a full packing list HERE.
Go to wbbands.info/band-camp for more information.
West Bloomfield Bands is in need of a PA system and wireless microphones. Please contact the directors at email@example.com if you are willing to donate or can assist in identifying/locating this equipment.
UNIFORM FITTING DAY
Thank you to all that helped with uniforms on Wed Aug 14th. We got the band fitted and sized and into their uniforms and back out onto the practice field all before noon! I appreciate all of your hard work: Christine Long, Natalie Walls, Marguerite Debello, Nicholas Debello, Dominic Debello, Mia Dronchi, Jazmine H, Christy Forhan, Claudia Bologna, Holly Ratinaud, Leah Worthy and Dena Raptis. Heide Dronchi
The totals are in! We raised $2,598.24 in one weekend! Thanks again to Ruth Richards for organizing and working the entire event.
Due to Band Camp, the flock will be taking the week off and will resume on the August 26th. There is still time to sign up a house to be flocked for only $20! If you do not want 25 pink flamingos in your front yard, be sure to purchase the anti-flocking insurance for only $30.
Check out our website at wbbands.info/flamingo-fundraiser for more information.
Here is the “after band camp” flocking schedule:
August 26: Flutes
August 27: Guard
August 28: Trumpets
August 29: Mellophones
August 30: Low Brass
We are opening a LATE SESSION which will begin 10:30pm every Friday night (beginning Friday, August 30)!! This is in addition to our regular 6:15pm session. We need volunteers! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today!. August and September signups are now available at wbbands.info/bingo.
We are looking to add a few more corporate sponsors to purchase a trailer ad on the side of our semi trailer. Please contact John Boruta at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in purchasing one, know of a business that is interested or are able to help go to businesses, and ask them to purchase an ad. All corporate sponsors will get an ad on both sides of the trailer, advertising on our website and advertising in our concert band programs. Click HERE for more information.
Go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program/ and order some SCRIP (gift cards). By doing so, you make money for the band and for your student’s account!
If you are on facebook please join the “Official West Bloomfield High School Marching Band Page” as we post pictures and videos often there. We also use it as a communication tool.
We also have a public Facebook page. “Like Us” at “West Bloomfield Bands” facebook.com/wbbands
Thank you for your support!