West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter – Week of February 17, 2013
– Winter Invitational: “Thank you all for doing such a great job today. Having such a fantastic team makes for successful days like today.” Christina Nicolaides, Laura Lynch Congratulations to the Winter Drumline with a score of 80.0!
– Drumline Rehearsals: this week: Tues (2/19) & Wed (2/20), 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Thursday (2/21), 9:00am – 5:00pm
– Drumline Payments: the 3rd and final Drumline payment was due last Friday (2/15). This payment pays for our trip down to Dayton, OH. Please make your check payable to BBAWB and send your payment to Mary Ingweiller: 2019 Maddy Lane, Keego Harbor, MI 48320
– Next Performance: Saturday, March 2, Milford High School
– Jazz Orchestra Rehearsals: this week. February 18 and 20 , 2:30pm – 4:00pm at the WBHS
– Upcoming Performances:
– High School Solo & Ensemble Results:
Congratulations WBHS Band Students who participated in the MSBOA Solo & Ensemble Festival on Friday, February 1st and Saturday, February 2nd!
Receiving a 1st Division rating and qualifying for STATE Solo and Ensemble festival were:
Christian Kolo – Alto Sax Solo
Meghan Lederman – Clarinet Solo
Sanay Mohile – Alto Sax Solo
Michael Bologna – Alto Sax Solo
Lana Sharba – Flute Solo
Zarin Kothari – Flute Solo
Brittany Jenkins – Flute Solo
Marissa Hansen – Flute Solo
Bradley Joshowitz – Flute Solo
Christian Kolo, Danny Korot – Saxophone Duet
Second Division Ratings:
Adrienne Farr – Flute Solo
Mitchell Markman – Alto Sax Solo
Morgan Chen – Flute Solo
Emily Levine – Bassoon Solo
– Festival Dates:
– Upcoming Concerts:
WINTER COLOR GUARD
– Congratulations on a fantastic performance yesterday at the Winter Invitational. We are so proud of all of you!
– Winter Guard Banquet, tonight, 6:00pm at Gino’s Restaurant
– Photos of yesterday’s performance can be seen on Facebook at www.facebook.com/wbbands
CHARMS OFFICE ASSISTANT
We are so close! Our new Charms database is almost ready! Please make sure your child is included. If you have not done so, log into CHARMS today and update your student’s information. In order for the band directors to communicate effectively with the students, we need everyone’s email address. This newsletter will move over to our Charms email addresses, so you don’t want to miss out! To log in, all you need is your student’s ID number (9 digits, starts with “7000”).
– Go to wbbands.info
– Click on the large blue rectangle that says “Charms”
– School code = wbbands
– Password = your student’s ID number (ie: 700001111)
To those of you have updated your information, thank you so much!
– Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student’s ID number is not found.
SPAGHETTI DINNER & SILENT AUCTION FUNDRAISER
– Wednesday, March 20, 6:00pm
– Volunteers are needed! We need help setting up, serving food and cleaning up. Please email email@example.com if you can help.
– Silent Auction information coming soon!
– Go to wbbands.info/fundraising/spaghetti-dinner/ for more information.
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today. Go to http://wbbands.info/fundraising/bingo/ for more information.
SCRIPS is a great way to add money to your child’s student account. Purchase gift cards to various merchants and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to the band. For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program
Coming in April: Marching Band Registration!
March 4th at 7PM
Tuesday, February 19, 7:00pm, Dronchi’s House
Thank you and have a great week!