West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter – Week of February 24, 2013
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 10th, 7:00pm!! Meet us in the auditorium for Marching Band and Color Guard Registration and Informational meeting. We will announce the show concept for the fall, introduce the new student leadership, and answer any questions that prospective members may have.
– Keyboard Player Needed: We are currently looking for a keyboard player who can fill the open synthesizer spot in the Front Ensemble of our 2013 Winter Drumline. You must be in 8th – 12th grades and able to make it to rehearsals Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5pm – 8pm and a few Saturday rehearsals (check calendar) as well as all competitions including a trip to Dayton, Ohio in April. Please contact Chad Mielens as soon as possible or email email@example.com
– Drumline Rehearsals: **NOTE REHEARSAL CHANGE** this week: Wed (2/27), Thurs (2/28), Fri (3/1), 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Huron Valley Alliance Invitational, Saturday (3/2). Performance time: 4:22pm. Stay tuned for Saturday’s schedule.
– Thank you! to all the parents who donated pop and desserts for Thursday’s lunch. We appreciate all of you!
– Jazz Orchestra Rehearsals: this week. Mon (2/25) & Wed (2/27), 2:30pm – 4:00pm at the WBHS
– Upcoming Performances:
March 15, WBEF Comedy Slam, WBHS, 7:00pm
– Middle School Symphony Band Pre-Festival Concerts: **NOTE ABBOTT MS CHANGE**
Thursday, March 7, Abbott Symphony Band Pre-Festival Concert, Abbott Gymnasium, 7:00pm
– Festival Dates:
CHARMS OFFICE ASSISTANT
Please make sure your child is included in our new Charms database! If you have not done so, log into CHARMS today and update your student’s information. In order for the band directors to communicate effectively with the students, we need everyone’s email address. This newsletter will move over to our Charms email addresses, so you don’t want to miss out! To log in, all you need is your student’s ID number (9 digits, starts with “7000”).
– Go to wbbands.info
– Click on the large blue rectangle that says “Charms”
– School code = wbbands
– Password = your student’s ID number (ie: 700001111)
To those of you have updated your information, thank you so much!
– Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student’s ID number is not found.
SPAGHETTI DINNER & SILENT AUCTION FUNDRAISER
– Wednesday, March 20, 6:00pm, BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY! Go to wbbands.info/fundraising/spaghetti-dinner/
– Volunteers are needed! We need help setting up, serving food and cleaning up. Please email email@example.com if you can help.
– Silent Auction: Want to donate to the Silent Auction? It is an excellent opportunity to showcase your property, product or service, as well as your generous support to West Bloomfield Bands. If you do not have material goods to donate, offer your talents, skills or services. Ask family, friends or neighbors to donate items they are not using, or ask your favorite local business to make a donation on our behalf. And if local pickup is needed, just contact us. We are excited to make this year’s event the best ever! Contact Fran Bell today!
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today. Go to http://wbbands.info/fundraising/bingo/ for more information.
SCRIPS is a great way to add money to your child’s student account. Purchase gift cards to various merchants and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to the band. For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program
March 4th at 7PM
Monday, March 18, 7:00pm
Thank you and have a great week!