Dear Band, Color Guard and Percussion Members and Families,
Hope you’re enjoying time with family and friends. Color Guard and Percussion have been rehearsing all summer; Movements 1 and 2 have been posted for Brass and Woodwinds to have a jump on rehearsals that begin July 25.
We’re still looking for restaurants to host a fundraiser for us in July and August. If you have a suggestion, give the restaurant a call and see if they have any fundraising night programs. They are a lot of fun, and a great way for all of us to get together during these summer months!
A Few Housekeeping Items:
- Registration Paperwork (including medical forms) are past due, and a few people who have said they intend to participate this fall have not submitted any forms. To be in the band this fall you MUST register ASAP. PLEASE deliver the forms at the Band Parents meeting this Tuesday evening at 7pm in the WBHS I-Center, or contact Director of Bands Chad Mielens (email@example.com) or BBAWB President Christine Karow (firstname.lastname@example.org) right away.
- The July marching band payment is due 7/15, so bring your checkbook to the Band Parents meeting on July 12 and save a stamp!
- Worried about the cost of band? We do have suggestions for ways to earn points toward fees, and there is a modest amount of Financial Assistance available (requires parent/guardian to volunteer at invitationals and participate on a committee). Applications for financial assistance are due 7/15. CLICK HERE to download the Financial Assistance application.
- Marching Band fees are due in full by 8/15. Anybody not paid in full or actively completing a payment plan will not be going to band camp. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if a payment plan is needed
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (next 2 weeks)
Tuesday 7/12: Color Guard rehearsal 2:00pm
Tuesday 7/12: Percussion rehearsal 4:30pm
Tuesday 7/12: Band Parents Meeting 7:00pm
Thursday 7/14: Percussion rehearsal 4:30pm
Friday 7/15: July Marching Band Payment Due
Tuesday 7/19: Percussion rehearsal 4:30pm
Tuesday 7/19: Color Guard rehearsal 5:00pm
Thursday 7/21: Percussion rehearsal 4:30pm
Thursday 7/21: Color Guard rehearsal 5:00pm
Monday 7/25: Daily rehearsals begin for Percussion, Color Guard, and New Brass and Woodwind members 9:00am
Band Parents Meeting July 12, 7pm
- Call to Order/Introduce New Board – Christine Karow
- Approval of Minutes from June 7, 2016 meeting
- Director Update
- Marching Band
- Vice President Update
- Upcoming Fundraisers:
- Treasurer Update
- Student Account Treasurer Update
- Secretary Update
- Other Announcements, Questions, Discussion
- Next parent meeting: Tuesday August 2, 2016
- Next board meeting: TBD
Minutes from the June 7 Annual Membership Meeting ATTACHED to this email
MARCHING BAND PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Click this link to download a copy of our Parent Code of Conduct. Developed in conjunction with the Athletic department and supported by Principal Pat Watson, it is required that all parents/or legal guardians of Marching Band 2016 members (including Color Guard and Percussion) review, sign and turn in the attached form before their children begin summer rehearsals. All the band member’s parents are required to sign. Please be advised that if only one parent signs, the rules and guidelines still will apply to all parents as if all parents signed the document.
PHYSICALS REQUIRED FOR MARCHING BAND
Remember, all marching band participants must provide the completed medical forms before full-band rehearsals begin. Your family physician or a mini-clinic can perform a sports physical. It is a requirement from the State of Michigan that any athlete participating in a West Bloomfield School District sport or marching band will NEED a physical conducted AFTER APRIL 15 to try out or participate in athletics. Copies of the MHSAA Physical Form and Medication Form are found in the green enrollment folders. If for any reason you are not able to have the physical completed before the mini-camp, you must email email@example.com to discuss.
Show your Laker Pride! Go to wbbands.info/band-merchandise today! A portion of every sale goes to West Bloomfield Bands.
EARN MONEY FOR WEST BLOOMFIELD BANDS WITH SMILE.AMAZON.COM. This is an easy way to get classroom texts or holiday gifts with Amazon’s convenience and competitive prices AND support the bands, at no extra cost to you! To get started: click HERE to register. Every time you shop, go to smile.amazon.com
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
July 12 – Band Parents Meeting
July 15 – July Marching Band payment due
July 25 – Brass/Woodwinds New member rehearsals begin
July 31 – Leadership Day
August 1 – Daily rehearsals begin for entire band
August 15 – Band Camp starts
August 15 – August Marching Band Payment due
Sept 6 – First Day of School – afternoon rehearsals begin
Sept 9 – First football game
Sept 10 – MCBA Field Day at WBHS
- Next PARENT MEETING is Tuesday, July 12, 7pm, WBHS
- Next BOARD MEETING is July 18 (to be confirmed), Location TBD