West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter — Week of July 28, 2013
Welcome to all our new Marching Band families and welcome back to all of our returning Marching Band families! We are looking forward to a wonderful 2013 season! Below is information to help get this new season off to a smooth start.
REHEARSALS THIS WEEK
– New member rehearsals will run this week M-F, 9:00am — noon, Monday through Friday.
– Battery and Front Ensemble: Monday — Friday, noon to 4:00 pm, M-F
– Color Guard: Monday — Friday, 9:00am — 4:00pm
IMPORTANT REHEARSAL INFORMATION for all members:
– Full band rehearsals begin next Monday (8/4) FROM 9:00AM — 4:00PM
– WHAT TO WEAR:
* Comfortable shorts/belt — no saggy shorts
* T-shirt/tank top — no low cut tops or bare midriffs
* Flexible tennis shoes — no flip flops or sandals
– WHAT TO BRING:
* Water jug — we recommend a 1-gallon water jug (any color)….they have them at Walmart,
Target, Dicks, etc for $7-$10. Please label them and fill them with ice and water before each
* Sunscreen & hat
– ATTENDANCE POLICY:
* All members are expected to attend each rehearsal and performance.
* Absences need to be emailed to both directors (send email to firstname.lastname@example.org) as well
as Pat (email@example.com) if the student is in the front ensemble or battery or Mark
(firstname.lastname@example.org) if the student is in color guard.
PHYSICAL EXAM/CLEARANCE/CONSENT FORMS are due!
The blue Physical Exam/Clearance/Consent form and the lavender Medication Form must be turned in by tomorrow for new members/percussion/front ensemble/color guard and by August 5 for all other members.
Both forms require Physician and Parent signatures.
Your physical exam must occur on or after April 15, 2013 to be valid for the 2013-2014 school year. Options include:
– physical exam at your family physician
– CVS Minute Clinic (check CVS.com for locations)
– Lakes Area Urgent Care
– any urgent care facility
If you do not have these forms, they can be printed off our website at wbbands.info or click below:
UNIFORMS — We Need Your Help!
Uniform fitting day will be Wednesday, August 14 from 9am — 3pm at WBHS. Several volunteers are needed to make this day a success! Please contact Heide Dronchi at email@example.com to volunteer today!
This is a brand new fundraiser this year that we are very excited about! It will be starting very soon, so check you email box this week for further details.
BAND CAMP – Monday, August 19 — Friday, August 23
Chaperones are needed! (especially men!) If you can volunteer at band camp for even part of the week, please contact Mary Ingweiller today at firstname.lastname@example.org
SCRIPS (gift cards) make great gifts! This is an easy, fast way to put money in your student’s account! Simply purchase store gift cards for everyday purchases such as gas, eating out, travel, clothing and many others, or to give as gifts for any occasion. The merchants give a percentage of the gift card purchase to the band, with 1/2 of that being deposited directly into your student’s account.Go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program/ for more information. Help support the band while doing your shopping for gifts.
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today.
– more about Bingo
BBAWB PARENT MEETING
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 in the WBHS, Band Room
All parents should plan on attending this meeting. The agenda will be emailed to you very soon.