West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter — Week of June 2, 2013
As this year is closing we just want to thank you for all of your continued help and support and please remember that we cannot do what we do for our kids without your help!
ANNUAL MEETING IS TONIGHT!
– Join us tonight: Monday, June 3, 7pm, WBHS Media Center (Marching Band Payment #3 is due!)
– We will be voting on board positions, discussing the upcoming school year and important budget issues. Please plan on attending. It is the most important meeting of the year!
– BOTTLES and CANS: bring all your empty redeemable bottles and cans from your Memorial Day celebrations and help raise money for West Bloomfield Bands.
MARCHING BAND 2013
– We still have openings for the 2013 marching season! Talk to Mr. Stein or Mr. Mielens this week! Go to wbbands.info/join-us to learn more.
– Why join? Participation in marching band demonstrates commitment to an activity and to your school . . . a quality regarded very highly by many colleges. Click HERE for more information.
– REMINDER: Marching Band Payment #3 is due today!
– Optional Guard Sectionals: June 18, 25, July 9, 16: 5-8pm, WBHS
– The Jazz Orchestra rehearsal this week on Wednesday, 2:30 – 4pm
– Last performance: Friday, June 7, 4pm: Ealy School Celebration
– SCRIPS (gift cards) make great graduation gifts! This is an easy, fast way to put money in your student’s account! Simply purchase store gift cards for everyday purchases such as gas, eating out, travel, clothing and many others, or to give as gifts for any occasion. The merchants give a percentage of the gift card purchase to the band, with 1/2 of that being deposited directly into your student’s account.Go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program/ for more information. Help support the band while doing your shopping for gifts.
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today.
BBAWB BOARD MEETING
Monday, June 17, 7pm, Gino’s Restaurant
Have a great week!