MARCHING BAND 2013
– We are gearing up for our big Marching Band & Color Guard Registration Night on April 10th!! Banners have been hung at the high school, both middle schools and at the ACS building. Over 100 flyers have been hung around the schools and community, and letters have been sent to area schools inviting their West Bloomfield students to join our marching band. A student does not have to attend WBHS to be in marching band. As long as they live in West Bloomfield and attend a school that does not have a marching band, (including all home schooled students), they are welcome to come join us! Help get the word out! Check out the our website at wbbands.info/join-us for more information, pictures, flyers and a video of last year’s show!
– Drum Majors and Section Leader Interviews are today from 2:30 – 4:00pm. Conducting auditions for drum major candidates are Wednesday at 2:30pm. Good luck to everyone!
– Congratulations to the drumline for a fantastic weekend. All your hard work paid off placing second with score of 86.9 at the Troy Athens Invitational yesterday!!
– The winter drumline battery (snares, tenors, bass drums and cymbals) will be on TV tomorrow! The Education Nation bus tour will be at WBHS (3/26) tomorrow and Local 4 News will be airing live from the high school at noon while the battery performs! All battery members need to wear a winter drumline black jacket and jeans. You will be excused from class at 11:30. When you are dismissed, get your drums as quickly as possible and meet in the atrium with school administration. You will be performing outside in the parking log in the background of the Channel 4 News broadcast. The whole event should be concluded by 12:30 and students will return to class.
– Drumline Rehearsals: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5:00-8:00 at Abbott MS. Rehearsal is also scheduled for Saturday, April 6th from 9am – 9pm. Please make sure you are in town for this very important pre-State Championship rehearsal!
– State Championship Group Photos: a “formal” group photo and an “informal” group photo will be taken at the State Championships on April 6th. Pre-order photos cost $15 each with NO S/H or tax, pictures ordered at the StopAction booth during Championships will be $15 plus S/H and tax, those ordered online after the event will be priced at $20 plus S/H and tax. If you would like to pre-order a photo, please email Claudia Bologna at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
# of formal photos
# of informal photos
Photos are $15 each and need to to paid in cash or a check made out to BBAWB. Please submit your payment to Claudia Bologna by Wednesday, March 27th.
– The Dayton trip is only 3.5 weeks away! We are in looking for donations of drinks and snacks for the trip. Please drop them off in the band room.
Kochville Township, Michigan 48710
PARENTS: Don’t forget that you are responsible for driving your student up to Saginaw Valley State University, there is no bus transportation. Try to make every attempt to attend this event. It is such an exciting event for your child. We have a fantastic show with unbelievable potential. If you are not coming to Dayton to watch their performances in the World Championships, this will be your last chance to see the show. Several exciting visual changes are coming up in the next 1.5 weeks that you will not want to miss!
Thursday, April 18 – Saturday, April 20
WGI Percussion World Championships
This past Wednesday was the annual WB Spaghetti Dinner. If you missed it you missed an awesome event! Thank you to everyone involved for making our fundraiser a huge success. A special thank you goes out to Diane Nancarrow and Fran Bell for planning, organizing and executing the dinner and the silent auction. Thank you to everyone who came out to listen and contribute, and a special thanks to all of the parent volunteers and our terrific jazz band. We couldn’t do it without parents, volunteers, and excellent musicians! Check out facebook.com/wbbands to photos of the evening.
– The Jazz Orchestra is on a short break during the month of April. Rehearsals will return to the normal Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Wednesday, May 1.
DRYMARK: NEW SPONSOR!
We are pleased to announce that Dry-Mark has signed on to be sponsor of West Bloomfield Bands!
The following ad will appear on both side of our West Bloomfield Bands semi-trailer, on the front page of our website and in our upcoming concert and invitational programs.
Please remember to call and use Dry-Mark for your water extraction or carpet cleaning needs!
Support Dry-Mark while they support our programs!
CHARMS OFFICE ASSISTANT
Please make sure your child is included in our new Charms database! If you have not done so, log into CHARMS today and update your student’s information. In order for the band directors to communicate effectively with the students, we need everyone’s email address. This newsletter will move over to our Charms email addresses, so you don’t want to miss out! To log in, all you need is your student’s ID number (9 digits, starts with “7000”).
– Go to wbbands.info
– School code = wbbands
– Password = your student’s ID number (ie: 700001111)
To those of you have updated your information, thank you so much!
– Please email me at email@example.com if your student’s ID number is not found.
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today. Go to http://wbbands.info/fundraising/bingo/ for more information.
SCRIPS is a great way to add money to your child’s student account. Purchase gift cards to various merchants and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to the band. For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program