West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter – Week of March 31, 2013
MARCHING BAND 2013
– Registration night is only 9 days away! The fall show WILL BE REVEALEDand you do not want to miss it! We have a fantastic marching band season planned and would love for you to join us! The drum majors and section leaders will be announced and a very special surprise is planned for the evening.
2013 Marching Band & Color Guard Registration Night
Wednesday, April 10, 7:00pm
– Check out www.wbbands.info/join-us for more information, lots of photos from the 2012 season and a video of last year’s show.
– Congratulations to the Winter Drumline battery for their fantastic performance on Channel 4 News last week! Go to facebook.com/wbbands to see photos!
– The only rehearsal this week is Saturday, 4/6 from 9am – 9pm. Do not miss this very important pre-State Championship rehearsal!
– Because of the long rehearsal this Saturday, we will be bringing in lunch and dinner for the kids. Lunch will be subs ($5) and dinner will be mostaccioli (provided) and side dishes. Please sign up for whatever item you are able to bring. If you are signing up for lunch, please have it at Abbott by 11:30, for dinner 5:15. We will be feeding about 30 kids and staff and could always use helpers as well. Thanks! Click HERE to sign up today!
– STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!
Sunday, April 6
MCGC State Championships @ Saginaw Valley State University
7400 Bay Road
Kochville Township, Michigan 48710
Performance Time: 2:56pm
Schedule for the day is coming soon!
PARENTS: Don’t forget that you are responsible for driving your student up to Saginaw Valley State University, there is no bus transportation. Try to make every attempt to attend this event. It is such an exciting opportunity for your child. We have a fantastic show with unbelievable potential. If you are not coming to Dayton to watch their performances in the World Championships, this will be your last chance to see the show. Several exciting visual changes are coming up in the next 1.5 weeks that you will not want to miss!
– WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!
Thursday, April 18 – Saturday, April 20
WGI Percussion World Championships
Preliminary Performance: Thurs, 6:35pm, Nutter Center @Wright State University
Semi-Finals Performances (top 20 groups): Friday, 9:30am – 1:10pm, Nutter Center @Wright State University
Finals Performances (top 12 groups): Saturday, 10:00am – 12noon, University of Dayton Arena
Parents unable to make it to Dayton can watch a live stream of our performances!
Here’s the link: http://www.wgi.org/2013/WGI_WebcastFlyer_PERC_032513FINAL.pdf
The Dayton trip is only 2.5 weeks away! We are in looking for donations of drinks and snacks for the trip. Please drop them off in the band room.
MSBOA State Solo & Ensemble Festival @ Famington-Harrison High School
On Saturday, March 23, eleven WBHS band students participated in MSBOA State Solo and Ensemble Festival in Farmington Hills. These students qualified for the state festival by earning first division ratings at the district level in February. We are proud to announce that every student who participated in State Solo and Ensemble Festival earned first or second division ratings.
The following students earned first division ratings:
Christian Kolo and Daniel Korot-Saxophone Duet
Caroline Sucher-Clarinet Solo
Zarin Kothari-Flute Solo
Bradley Joshowitz-Flute Solo
Meghan Lederman-Clarinet Solo
Christian Kolo-Alto Sax Solo
Lana Sharba-Flute Solo
Sanay Mohile-Alto Sax Solo
The following students earned second division ratings:
Marissa Hansen-Flute Solo
Brittany Jenkins-Flute Solo
Congratulations to all who participated!
– The Jazz Orchestra is on a short break during the month of April. Rehearsals will return to the normal Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Wednesday, May 1.
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today. Go to http://wbbands.info/fundraising/bingo/ for more information.
SCRIPS is a great way to add money to your child’s student account. Purchase gift cards to various merchants and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to the band. For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program
Have a great break!