West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter – Week of May 12, 2013
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE THIS WEEK!
Please help raise money for WB Bands by bringing your redeemable cans and bottles to the WBHS Band Concert on Thursday, 5/16. We will be collecting redeemable bottles and cans at the front entrance of the high school from 6:15pm – 7:15pm (concert begins at 7pm). Even if you are not attending the concert, we will take your bottles and cans! Tell your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors!! Thank you for your support!
When: Thursday, May 16
Time: 6:15pm – 7:15pm
Where: WBHS Front Entrance
BARNES AND NOBLE BOOK FAIR
Here’s a fantastic way to purchase your Father’s Day, Graduation and Teacher Gifts and raise money for West Bloomfield Bands! Shop at Barnes and Noble on Monday, 5/20 and present a voucher to the cashier when you make your purchases.
Come on out to the store from 5:30pm – 8:30pm on May 20, 2013 to be entertained by West Bloomfield Band musicians, featuring the WBHS Jazz Orchestra and Michigan Silver Medal-winning Winter Drumline Battery!
Shop in-store: Monday, May 20 (all day), Barnes & Noble, West Bloomfield
Shop on-line: Monday, May 20 – Sunday, May 26 (voucher #: 11095361)
Click HERE to print a voucher and get more information.
HUNGRY HOWIES FUNDRAISER
We will be selling Hungry Howies coupons for a medium 1-topping pizza on Thursday at the band concert. Stop by the Band Boosters table at the WBHS Concert on Thursday to pick up your order form. More information will be up on the website very soon!
MARCHING BAND 2013
– Registration is still open for marching band!! If you did not receive a green folder/registration papers, see Mr. Mielens or Mr. Stein OR go to wbbands.info/join-us and fill out the online request form and we will get the green folder/registration papers to you!
– Once you have the paperwork filled out, turn it in to Mr. Mielens or Mr. Stein OR place the papers in a special box (marked “Marching Band Registration”) in the WBHS band room.
– If you have not yet registered. JOIN US! We have a fantastic marching band season planned and WE NEED YOU to make it the best season ever! Go to wbbands.info to sign up!
– Marching Band Percussion and Color Guard rehearsals/auditions continue this week on Tuesday and Thursday from 5-7pm
FLOWER SALE FUNDRAISER
– Thank you for everyone who placed an order. We appreciate your support of the WB Bands!
– Pick Up Date: May 17, 2-5pm, WBHS parking lot. PLEASE DON”T FORGET (like I did last year)!
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS – Earn money for the band program by shopping at Kroger!
– If you are already a member of the Kroger Community Rewards program….it’s time to re-enroll! Click HERE to get started today!
– If you are not yet a member, click HERE for instructions and links on how to join. Our “organization name” is “Band Boosters Association of West Bloomfield”
Thank you for your support!
– The Jazz Orchestra rehearsal this week on Monday and Wednesday, 2:30 – 4pm
– Upcoming performances:
Abbott and OLMS Symphony Bands to Cedar Point
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Music in the Parks Festival
Charter Bus Transportation
Cost: $100 (permission slips were due 5/10)
What to Wear: wear your concert uniform for the performance and bring clothes to change into for Cedar Point.
– Finale concert schedule:
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today. June volunteer signups have been added to the website. Go to http://wbbands.info/fundraising/bingo/ for more information.
SCRIPS is a great way to add money to your child’s student account. Purchase gift cards to various merchants and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to the band. For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program
ANNUAL MEETING: Monday, June 3, 7pm, WBHS
Please plan on attending.
BBAWB BOARD MEETING
Monday, May 20, 7pm