West Bloomfield Bands Newsletter – Week of May 23, 2013
This past week was very busy for the band program and we would like to express our appreciation for all your support, kindness and generosity. Thank you for participating in the Barnes & Noble Book Fair, the Bottle & Can Drive and especially our last minute addition of the St. Mary’s Fair Parking Fundraiser at Abbott MS. We could not have done any of this without you!
HUNGRY HOWIE’S FUNDRAISER
– The Hungry Howie’s order forms that were sent home with your students are due back this Wednesday, May 31st. Give the completed forms to Mr. Stein or Mr. Mielens or leave it in the BBAWB mailbox in the high school band room.
– ANNUAL MEETING: Monday, June 3, 7pm, WBHS (Marching Band Payment #3 is due!)
– All members! Hope you can join us for our next General Membership Meeting! One key agenda topic is final nominations and voting in of our 2013-14 Boosters Board Officers.
– BOTTLES and CANS: bring all your empty redeemable bottles and cans from your Memorial Day celebrations and help raise money for West Bloomfield Bands.
MARCHING BAND 2013
– Excellent job at the Keego Harbor Memorial Day parade this morning! Thank you to everyone who participated. We received so many compliments and thank you’s from the community for your performance(s).
We still have openings for the 2013 marching season! Talk to Mr. Stein or Mr. Mielens this week! Go to wbbands.info/join-us
to learn more.
– Why join? Because it will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your lifetime! The lessons, values and skills learned through marching band will still be practical, even after your graduate high school.
– PHYSICALS: a physical is required for marching band and you may want to take advantage of getting the physical right at WBHS! Physicals will be this Wednesday, May 29 beginning at 2:30 pm. Physicals are performed by family practitioners and orthopedic/sports medicine doctors from Henry Ford Health System. Cost is $20. Current sport physicals are required to tryout and participate in any West Bloomfield High School sport and select clubs/classes for the 2013-2014 school year. Appointments can be made by calling the athletic office at (248) 865 – 6743.
– REMINDER: Marching Band Payment #3 is due next Monday, June 3rd.
– more about Marching Band
– Congratulations and great job to all the 6th, 7th and 8th graders on their fantastic concerts this past Thursday. Thank you to all the family and friends who attended. We really appreciate your support!
– CONCERT BAND UNIFORMS: unless you are performing at the high school commencement ceremony, your concert uniform should have been turned in. If not, please bring it to school as soon as possible. Questions? email email@example.com.
– more about Concert Bands
– The Jazz Orchestra rehearsal this week on Wednesday, 2:30 – 4pm
– Last performance: Friday, June 7, 4pm: Ealy School Celebration
– more about Jazz Orchestra
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today.
Monday, June 17, 7pm, Gino’s Restaurant