IMPORTANT PARENT MEETING
We are thrilled that our Marching Band begins and look forward to an awesome season. Tomorrow night (5/6) at 7:00 p.m. at WBHS (Media Center) is our monthly Parent Meeting for all band parents. This will be the first parent meeting of the new Marching Band season and we will be answering your questions about show details, invitationals, rehearsal schedule, band camp, staffing, fund raising, and parent involvement. We will also be accepting nominations for board positions Click HERE to view Board Position job descriptions. The Marching Band’s success is dependent upon parent involvement, so we hope we can count on you for your support. There are many, many ways you can become involved such as:
Pit Crew, Uniforms, Chaperones, Invitationals, Raffles, Feed the Band, Charms, Transportation, Band Camp volunteers, Parade, Homecoming, Fundraising, BINGO, Car Wash, Flower Sales, Tag Day………the list goes on and on!
COME TO THE MEETING AND TURN IN:
– Completed marching band registration forms
– Marching band payment (DUE TOMORROW, 5/6)
– Flower order forms (DUE FRIDAY, 5/10)
Hope to see you there!
MARCHING BAND 2013
– If you have not yet registered. JOIN US! We have a fantastic marching band season planned and WE NEED YOU to make it the best season ever! Go to wbbands.infoto sign up!
– Marching Band Percussion and Color Guard rehearsals/auditions begin this Tuesday (5/7)! Check the website calendar HERE for the May schedule.
– ATTENTION PERCUSSION: In order to have staff for our auditions, we’re moving the audition times back one hour so they will be from 5:00 to 7:00. Dates are the same.
– Upcoming Dates:
– This is an really easy way to put money in your student’s account and make money for the bands at the same time! Hand out order forms to family, friends and neighbors!
– more about the Flower Sale Fundraiser
WEST BLOOMFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT BUILDING & SITE SINKING FUND 2013On Tuesday, May 7th, voters in the West Bloomfield School District will be asked to consider a 1.25 mill Building and Site Sinking Fund (BSSF). The millage will provide approximately $2 million each year, for the next 14 years for urgent and necessary facility upgrades.
It’s not too early to vote. If you are concerned that you may not be able to get to your polling place on May 7, you can stop by your Clerk’s office any day during normal business hours* and vote absentee on the spot. Call West Bloomfield School District offices at 248-865-6486 or visitwww.wbsd.orgfor more information about the BSSF.
West Bloomfield Township Hall, 4550 Walnut Lake Road (next to the Main Library) 8:00am – 4:30pm
Keego Harbor City Hall, 2025 Beechmont (behind Roosevelt) 8:00am-5:00pm
Orchard Lake City Hall, 3955 Orchard Lake Road, 8:00am – 4:00pm
City of Sylvan Lake, 1820 Iverness, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Vote on Tuesday, May 7
Poll Open 7:00am – 8:00pm
– The Jazz Orchestra will rehearse this week on Monday and Wednesday from 2:30pm – 4pm
BINGO is up and running every Friday night! Add $30/week to your student’s band account and volunteer today. Go to http://wbbands.info/fundraising/bingo/for more information.
SCRIPS is a great way to add money to your child’s student account. Purchase gift cards to various merchants and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to the band. For more information, go to wbbands.info/fundraising/scrip-program
BBAWB BOARD MEETING
Monday, May 20, 7pm